x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

help with brada GPS device

1 2 3
dvdman45
dvdman45 Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 8:14 AM
#
DuuuuDuH!!!
How do I get the unit to active sync, as my xp(nor destinator) detects the unit.

Thanks for any help

Bill
 Top of the page
dvdman45
dvdman45 Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 8:36 AM
#
DuuuuDuH!!!
How do I get the unit to active sync, as my xp(nor destinator) detects the unit.

Thanks for any help

Bill
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2008-03-18 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Elder

What version of activesync you using? does it maybe need a later version???

John
 Top of the page
ceebee900
ceebee900 Page Icon Posted 2008-05-30 7:25 PM
#
Great stuff! I dropped my unit a couple of times and it did the same thing (windows only)
took it apart and the flash card was half out. pushed it back and boom back to normal.
thanks for the info guys!
 Top of the page
Lauro
Lauro Page Icon Posted 2008-07-19 11:34 PM
#
Thanks ceebee for your reply.

If possible could you please give me the steps that you used to take the unit apart. So far I have all the visible screws off and it will not come off. I am afraid to pry it off that I may damage something inside.
 Top of the page
t53864 Page Icon Posted 2008-07-28 2:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

RodScotland - 2008-02-09 10:35 PM

Hey man,

Not sure if this helps but..

I picked one of htese up at the Brick today for 48.00 CDN dollars.. I figured for 50 bucks, what the heck..

Anyway - I got home, turned it on and it booted in to Windows CE mode.. no trace of Maps etc..

So - I opened it up (took the screws out of the back and then with a bit of force, pulled the unit a part..

I noticed that this unit HAS a compact Flash card, in fact, it's a 2 gig Transend card without an enclousure (no case) .. The CF card slot on the actual unit looks pretty standard.. Anyway, I re-sat the CF card, and POOF!! Everything booted up normally... the as documented OLD Destinator and all...

Anyway, then pulled the CF card and placed it in my laptop to see if I could read it.. YEP!! no problem.. now gonna screw with it a bit so see if I can update the GPS program...

anyway, best of luck!!

I am wondering if you have any success in updating the map for the unit.
If so, could you share your experience?

Thanks a lot,
Terry

Edited by t53864 2008-07-28 2:50 PM
 Top of the page
renee
renee Page Icon Posted 2008-09-05 9:33 AM
#
I got my BRADA gps PG65601 on sale too, 29,95 can. but I don't have any user manual with it, do you know where à could download one ?

I haven't try to boot it yet, but I'll keep you informed on how it went.

thank

renee
 Top of the page
R_ion
R_ion Page Icon Posted 2008-12-11 1:33 PM
#
well i just got a "broken GPS" that was returned at the store.
I notice that this was common problem with this thing, the GPS program doesnt load up I dont know anything about GPS system since i dont use it, But i found a fix. 4/4 that was returned had the same issue so i opened 1 up today.. small screws in the bottom (dont forget the one under this little flap thing) it comes out easily if u find the smallest screw driver u can.
there should be a flash drive right by where u insert memory card. Take it out and put it back in . all 4 works fine now. hopefully this helps.
 Top of the page
James Y
James Y Page Icon Posted 2008-12-31 1:00 PM
#
I have a BRADA GPS PGD55601 bought from Brick Nov. 2007. The map is out-of-dated but still can be used. 10 days ago, when I powed on, it just poped out a window "LoadInterfaceData Error - ' About' image file not found!" other than the screen of Destinator. I tried to reset several times and nothing changes. I can only use it as a DVD player now.

I did follow your advise and make sure the memory card sit in firmly. Unfortunately, the problem are still there.

Anyone can help? Thanks a lot in advance. Happy New Year.

R_ion - 2008-12-11 1:33 PM

well i just got a "broken GPS" that was returned at the store.
I notice that this was common problem with this thing, the GPS program doesnt load up I dont know anything about GPS system since i dont use it, But i found a fix. 4/4 that was returned had the same issue so i opened 1 up today.. small screws in the bottom (dont forget the one under this little flap thing) it comes out easily if u find the smallest screw driver u can.
there should be a flash drive right by where u insert memory card. Take it out and put it back in . all 4 works fine now. hopefully this helps.
 Top of the page
pids
pids Page Icon Posted 2009-03-12 11:47 AM
#
hi....anybody can give me ideas on how to download map? my map disappeared...my screen now shows WINDOWS.CE....my GPS is BRADA PG65601......pleeeeaaaase....THANKS!!!!!!
 Top of the page
pids
pids Page Icon Posted 2009-03-12 1:27 PM
#
hi...i bought my brada GPS at the brick sometime last year...it worked well for a while until one day i turned it on and it displayed WINDOWS.CE.NET...the map just disappeared....I took it back to the brick store and they sent it out for repair at no cost. I did not have any problem at that time coz it is still under warranty. They fixed it and when i asked them what was wrong with it, they cant even tell me what exactly went wrong...they said there is nothing wrong with the unit, just for some reasons the map just disappeared maybe because of some software corruptions....they just reloaded the map and thats it....it worked well again and i wasnt charged of any repair fees because it is under warranty....but then, after a few weeks, it happened again...it did the very same thing again...i then contacted the brick again and they want it sent back for repair again...BUT THIS TIME THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR SHIPPING, HANDLING AND REPAIR...because the warranty period is over already...I QUESTIONED THEM, WHAT IF I WILL PAY THIS TIME BUT IT WILL KEEP DOING IT AFTER A FEW WEEKS OF USE? IT IS UNFAIR FOR ME TO KEEP PAYING EVERYTIME IT HAPPENS....THEY SAID THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO BECAUSE THE WARRANTY IS OVER ALREADY...THATS THE ONLY OPTION I HAVE IF WANT IT FIXED..........THEY CAN ONLY GIVE 30 DAYS WARRANTY AFTER THEY REPAIR IT......THE BRICK SUCKS!!!!!! THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND REPAIR SERVICE IS AVOIDING MY PHONE CALLS REGARDING THIS ISSUE.....I GUESS IM OUT OF LUCK DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH THE BRICK AGAIN...THEY ARE VERY DISHONEST...THEY DONT HAVE ANY INTEGRITY.....IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN SHARE IDEAS ON HOW TO RELOAD THE MAP FOR THIS UNIT? It is BRADA GPS PG65601....THANKS SO MUCH.........BLESSINGS!!!!!!!
 Top of the page
pids
pids Page Icon Posted 2009-03-13 12:17 AM
#
hello....im just wondering whats the model of your unit.....is it with the built-in dvd player or not? im thinking of trying to open mine and find that flash drive that you mentioned. can you give me any idea or descriptions on where to find it and how it looks? any help is greatly appreciated......thanks a lot.....
 Top of the page
pfruscella@hotmail.c
pfruscella@hotmail.c Page Icon Posted 2009-03-15 7:42 PM
#
I would like to buy the gps off you e mail me at pfruscella@hot mail.com
 Top of the page
pids
pids Page Icon Posted 2009-03-23 12:10 PM
#
RodScotland - 2008-02-09 10:35 PM

Hey man,

Not sure if this helps but..

I picked one of htese up at the Brick today for 48.00 CDN dollars.. I figured for 50 bucks, what the heck..

Anyway - I got home, turned it on and it booted in to Windows CE mode.. no trace of Maps etc..

So - I opened it up (took the screws out of the back and then with a bit of force, pulled the unit a part..

I noticed that this unit HAS a compact Flash card, in fact, it's a 2 gig Transend card without an enclousure (no case) .. The CF card slot on the actual unit looks pretty standard.. Anyway, I re-sat the CF card, and POOF!! Everything booted up normally... the as documented OLD Destinator and all...

Anyway, then pulled the CF card and placed it in my laptop to see if I could read it.. YEP!! no problem.. now gonna screw with it a bit so see if I can update the GPS program...

anyway, best of luck!!

HI...CAN U TELL ME WHAT MODEL IS YOUR UNIT? IS IT WITH OR WITHOUT THE DVD PLAYER? MINE IS WITHOUT THE DVD PLAYER AND I ALREADY OPENED IT UP AND I CANT FIND THE CF CARD THAT YOU MENTIONED...PLS TELL ME HOW IT LOOKS AND WHERE I CAN POSSIBLY FIND IT....THANK SO MUCH...
 Top of the page
Erixon
Erixon Page Icon Posted 2009-07-10 10:43 PM
#
Okay, I pickup up one of these units with the dvd player for $18 today....lol. Just wondering, so does this unit operate on windows CE? If i were to get new versions of destinator (7,8 or whatever) could I upload new maps with the software somehow? Is this the same OS as pockey PC? Really green to the GPS stuff... for 18 bucks I'll buy a GPS if it has outdated software or not. haha.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.217 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9