x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What should HPC:Factor do next?

1 2 3 4 5 6
clintonfitchdotwife
clintonfitchdotwife Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 11:10 AM
#
As soon as school starts & I get the school newsletters rolling I would love to! The only problem is I would need the basic info because I am not an hpc user.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 3:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I am sure we could sort you out with hardware, that husband of yours has enough of them for a starter loan until that time
clintonfitchdotwife
clintonfitchdotwife Page Icon Posted 2007-08-23 5:57 PM
#
You are so very right camie! I was trying to find a box for something & it nearly took me an hour to sift through all the product boxes he has stashed away in the office.
quiche Page Icon Posted 2007-10-14 11:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I think you should have a GPS handheld and cards forum. The GPS handhelds often run some form of windowsce.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 12:17 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Actually, there have been several threads about this; were you thinking of this site creating a separate forum section for PNAs (GPS devices)? (Interesting idea. )
quiche Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 12:35 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yeah - another row of forums dedicated to GPS devices. I want to glorify my Magellan Roadmate 3000T. It moved me to another state and has helped me find my places. I've liked it so much, I want to learn about older cheaper GPS devices.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 11:46 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Discussion on quotes moved to the bugs and suggestions thread: The title of this thread is "What should HPC:Factor do next?"

Quiche,

I can understand your desire to request this, it does however go against my principal argument for the structure of these forums - the forums are OS level, not device level. I've beaten this out with Takwu before, and there are good arguments for and against it.

If I could add a sub-forum for PND's into the CE4/5 OS forum, I would do it. Alas that gem is one thing that the forum code lacks the ability to add, and I don't have the time to be rewriting the thing at that level. now, I know that Evil E, another PD9 user has managed to add this into his modified version of the board, but this version of the board is heavily modified as well. The change would not be easy.

The section would also need to be moderated, and we don't have enough moderators as it is.

sort out those two problems and you've got yourself a sub-forum.
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2007-10-16 2:07 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi!

I'm just wondering what it takes to be a moderator. By and large the boards seem to be fairly clean of flames amd trolls. I always put it down to the kinder, gentler souls who use UMPCs, although in hindsight it may well be due to vigilant moderation!

Anyway, my point is that while I am not a frequent poster, I am a frequent visitor, so I'd like to help in whatever way you think may be helpful, be that as a moderator or (heaven forbid) writing the odd article.

I must warn you that much as I love my H/PCs I only have two, so am fit only to bask in your reflected glory rather than stand among giants!
BOB_03_ELLIOTT
BOB_03_ELLIOTT Page Icon Posted 2007-10-27 8:55 PM
#
I really don't know at this point because I am NEWCOMER.

I am really learning from all of you TECH people all of you are the GREATEST.

Without HPC FACTOR SUPPORT I think the HANDHELD'S WILL BE IN SERIOUS TROUBLE.

give me a few months with HPC FACTOR and maby I can comment on the above SUBJECT.

Bob
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-10-28 6:48 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ZSX,

There is no set protocol for becoming a moderator on the site, really just a keen interest, willingness to help out with the forums (and site) and a nod that you are happy fit in with the way that things are done; in otherwords we welcome and and all comments, ideas etc from the site staff (and give you weighted attention on your ideas), but we don't want a loose cannon who deletes all board posts under their control, flees to Honolulu and PM's all board members a cheap v14gr4 advert

If you are interested in chipping in, let me know what you are interested in doing/focusing on via PM.

p.s. apologies for the slow reply.
takwu Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 12:58 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2007-10-28 3:48 AM
There is no set protocol for becoming a moderator on the site, really just a keen interest, willingness to help out with the forums (and site) and a nod that you are happy fit in with the way that things are done; in otherwords we welcome and and all comments, ideas etc from the site staff (and give you weighted attention on your ideas), but we don't want a loose cannon who deletes all board posts under their control, flees to Honolulu . . .

I can comply with all of those...
and PM's all board members a cheap v14gr4 advert

DOH!
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 1:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Guess takwu's back for good. (Good news for us in any event.)
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 1:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oo wow!
takwu Page Icon Posted 2007-10-29 10:16 AM
#
H/PC Elder

oh no no no, i'm just dropping in now and then... you know when you worked/studied for 18 hrs straight, you kinda go on the net posting random stuff, heheheheheh

i could use some quick money by spamming v14gr4 adverts tho
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-10-30 6:18 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu, if you were planning on becoming a perma-feature again I would have no issues, but as I'm more like a transient admin at the moment, it doesn't make sense to replace me with a transient mod
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 16