x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Good bag for the Jornada HPC

msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 4:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i purchased this small size classic messenger bag from timbuk2.com 2wks ago

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/catalog/productlisting.t2?priceSizeId=78...

i have to say, it's great.

there is a pocket in the center of the bag that's just perfect for the jornada, as if it were custom made for it. and it's very easy to reach.

here's a pic or two . (i just discovered how nasty my sony dvd camcorder is at still photos)

Edited by msafi 2005-04-07 4:44 AM

(DSC00014-1.jpg)

(DSC00015-1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC00014-1.jpg (57KB - 17 downloads)
Attachments DSC00015-1.jpg (56KB - 18 downloads)
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 8:28 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I've got a HP like 'copy' bag its awfull, I brought it of eBay in mistake for the listing above, even though its not too bad.

Nick
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 9:20 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I use a DVD player bag. Will try to put up a pix later.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey not bad. But maybe a bit big for all-time carrying.

Mine is the Eagle Creek Guide Bag.
http://www.eaglecreek.com/40242.html
Good for Jornada with room left. But there's no padding, so I had to add a foam CD player padding. Smartbook fits too
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 8:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have two cases, one corporate - the official hp one. Which Clint gave me.
The other is a fluke find, and is my networking support a la h/pc toolkit. Has PCMCIA cards, cables, pensy styli, a radio and headphones for swapping between the 720 and the radio in it - strangly enough Clint gave me that too - sensing a pattern here?
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 9:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

takwu,

the eaglecreek bag is good. at least better than my previous axible bag from manbag.com. but it's about the same size. the problem with that size is that, first: i have to have two bags, one for school and one (ie the axible) for gadgets. second, my axible bag got filled up.

but this timbuk2 bag i have is just the right size for me for many reasons, and it's not too big. notice it's size relatively to the jornada in the center. the jornada looks big.

the dimensions of the bag are: 15" Top W x 10" H x 5.5" D x 12" Bottom W.

and don't forget the style factor. this black timbuk2 bag looks stylish and professional (disregard the pictures above, my camera sux). my previous small axible bag made me feel a bit girly to be honest.

plus the handle. i need it for a quick lift and drop.

but if all that doesn't matter to you, and you don't carry lots of stuff...then i guess sure...you could go with a smaller size bag...

i'm not trying to get you to buy this bag. i don't own timbuk2. i'm just a little excited about it since it's still new to me.

Edited by msafi 2005-04-07 9:05 PM
 Top of the page
bruisedquasar Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 11:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have a leather looking hip sack you can buy from Harriet Carter for under $10. The 680e fits nicely, there is an additional zipper pocket for extras, and the waist band extends to 48" or can be removed entirely.

I also have a hardcase CD wallet you can get from biglots stores for $2.00...I just removed the see-through CD wallets. It has a nice handle

My wife made me a imitation leather wallet for the 680. I designed it. The envelope-like wallet is simple but looks great. I added commercial strength velcro to hold the flap shut. Cost was ten minutes and $1.25 worth of imitation leather.

I always keep the 680 in the "wallet." When I take the 680 with me to research library or mega book store, etc., I place it in the hip sack, so my hands are free.

--Bruised
 Top of the page
Annie T
Annie T Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 1:07 PM
#
Can I order from you.
I need a leather bag for my HP J680 too.
How much is it.
Is it for sale.
I'll buy it.
Thanks.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.232 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12