x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Did I make the right decision?

Uchesgirl Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 5:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I purchased two of the refurbished HP Jornada 680E from Tiger Direct. After viewing all of the posting on this forum, I am now wondering if I made a mistake in making the purchases. I have not received the Jornada yet. It's in the mail and on it's way.

I bought one for my husband, who is a professional visual artist that would love to use it to hold of few of his portraits; in order to show to prospective clients. And the other one, for me. I am his manager, so document access is very important.

Will my PCMCIA Type II PC Card Slot wireless network card work in the Jornada?

Will my husand be able to view photos from his Compact Flash card successfully?

Will we be able to connect to the internet?

I need as much helpful information as possible.

Thank you
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 9:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Congrats on your 680e. I got mine from JustDeals and it came pristine, like-New! I *thinK* the ones from Tiger are the same too.

1. Yes, wifi pccards will work. It must be 16bit cards. 32bit cards are *not* supported.
2. Yes, viewing photos from CF card is no problem. You just need to get the right software. Search the forum for references of "jpg". You can also go to the sites in the links on the first page. There are enough photo viewing software around to go by.
3. Yes, you can connect to the internet, though the 680e has only PIE3.0 (non-upgradeable), so there are sites that will not display right. Search the forum "browser" for more info on compatibility.

Lastly, welcome to the Forum!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 9:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

in my opinion.. it should work for you for holding your documents..
however, i don't think it's ideal for picture viewing. but you'll see and decide then.
you have a chance that the card will work. please give the exact type of the card..
internet should be ok as well..

and last but not least, try reading some topics here
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 9:40 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oops.... sorry
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 8:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Uchesgirl,

Welcoem to the boards, and welcome to the H/PC community.

Can you give us more info on your WiFi adapter, we can tell you conclusivly one way or the other I am sure.
I'll also point you to the HCL: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=10

Photos depend on how big (In MB they are) if they are ultra high res froma 6mega pixel camera then you could be pushing the RAM, but an 'average' photo (jpg) shouldn't prove too problematic.

Don't forget to download ActiveSYnc 3.8 (see the Sync Soft section in the top nav) for up to date Outlook sync and file transfer.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes you made the correct decision. The J680/e is great for what you were wanting. It just so happens that you have also found the best site for any help with the unit. A lot of us have recently purchased the exact unit you did.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9