x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPCfactor linkage

[Frozen]
Frozen
encore
encore Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 7:30 AM
#
Hi,

This came up in a thread and I thought I'd put it out here,

Seeing as HPCFactor is the place to go to for handheld support and has some many lovely folk about to share, not to mention HCL and update service why not approach manufacturers and get them to link here on their "support" pages?

Big sentence..

Anyway Pros and Cons?
esp from the mods
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 9:16 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC:Factor discussion

Getting them to update legacy or non-existant content is a Sisyphean effort really. It is a good and nice idea, but they will not do it just on our asking. If the community wanted to add a nag factor so that the PR pundits take notice, that would I suspect be the best approach; still slim though.
 Top of the page
encore
encore Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 10:04 AM
#
mmm, pity. any NEC insiders about to change the webpages?
i'll be back once i'm done reading about sysphis

edit, cheers for the move, shoulda known where to put it

Edited by encore 2007-07-19 10:06 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 10:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sisyphus, not that I am anyone to correct anyone on spelling

It's a good idea, but rather difficult to enact, unless you have - in the words of Baldrick - "a cunning plan".
 Top of the page
Bensawsome Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 12:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

This would be a good idea if we could do this. We could do one of those online petitions from here. And then show it to them.
That would be the "professional" way to do it.

Edited by Bensawsome 2007-07-19 12:56 PM
 Top of the page
encore
encore Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 4:11 PM
#
C:amie, LOL, yeah I don't have a cunning plan at all this weather and typo duly noted but please in future edit my post

Some word that, still reeling from it. Yeah it sounds like a lot of work that way but I was really just trying to gauge what ppl thought.

I mean would it cause problems to HPCfactor having that many requests or would it make a difference?
I guess most folk who buy a 2nd hand HPC end up here anyway
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 5:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We only edit posts if you're in trouble and need to be cained. The correct spelling is useful if you needed search for it, which is why I mentioned it

Requests: No problems at all, requests are really no problem for sites, unless we are talking torrented and sustained hits to the database servers i.e. you are not looking at content, you are systematically hitting it - such as people who think their off-line downloading of the entire site in torrent mode is a clever thing to do.

We always welcome inbound user traffic to page content, always (save for the HCL engine, which is protected [why do I always feel a need to explain these things, lol]).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 5:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i think it's a good idea

...ah there goes my idea of saving the whole forum content. actually, it was TFGBD's idea so as not to lose good threads again.

Edited by cmonex 2007-07-19 5:34 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 7:06 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I can spot people who do it in the logs, then again someone who holds a persistent connection to a web server for over 2.5 days is rather likely to get noticed, and get IP banned at the router.

Everything is being backed up to tape now, rather than mag disc media, so things shouldn't go walkies again.
 Top of the page
encore
encore Page Icon Posted 2007-07-19 7:18 PM
#
C:amie,

yup, spelling is good, and structured typing is also but I'm sure you'll notice from my long sentences I didn't do well at English.
Some reference though I must commend you again
I was gonna say that some of the threads must be invaluable, actually scrap the linkage from OEM's sell a support manual of all the good threads?
Guess it was just a fanciful notion,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-20 5:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"selling" that is a fictional notion
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9