x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket PC games on HPCs

qbert Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 3:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Another gaming question for everyone. How many Pocket PC games are there that also run with a GAPI-outfitted HPC?

I really like Warfare Incorporated (great Command and Conquer clone) and was wondering if Tennis Addict and Microsoft Links also work on HPCs.

FWIW, I'm using a Jornada 720.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 4:24 PM
#
H/PC Elite

WFI works flawlessly with Wincesoft GAPI, so it works on american and european Jornadas.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
qbert Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I downloaded WFI and played the demo. Works great. Thanks!

Anyone know about the other games or any other high quality PPC games?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 2:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

AOE for PPC 1.07 works fine, again with wincesoft GAPI, enabling the "use PPC screen size" mode in GAPI and deleting gx.dll from aoe's folder. the only drawback is that the left side of the screen (80 pixels) can not be seen, for the game runs in vertical mode (i mean perpendicular to the HPC screen). i tried Nyditot (rotating screen) + AOE to see if that fixed it, but Wincesoft GAPI will refuse to load if display is not in normal landscape mode.

Maybe you should give a shot to Argentum. some have ran it successfully in the past, i've personally not tried it, but if it's smarter than AOE, and detects display size & orientation it should work without any additional effort.

If you feel like gaming you should try also some HPC ported games: HPCQuake, HPCDoom, that ones run natively in HPC's. with quake you can even play multiplayer

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9