x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help - I wanna assign external buttons instead of having to tap screen

msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 3:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sorry about the title, I couldn't come up with a better one.

Here's the explanation.

I use a software from Audible.com. It plays audiobooks. All the functions of the program, except 'volume up' and 'volume down' are by screen taps. For instance, the program has functions like forward 1 minute, rewind 1 minute, and other basic functions like stop and play, but all of those can only be reached by screen taps. it would be much more convenient for me if i could assign the four external buttons to some of those fucntions.

so is there a program that lets me do that?

if i could make shortcut to those fucntions some how, i could then just use Henri's j7xxkeys to link those shortcuts to the external buttons.

but j7xxkeys by itself cannot do it (i think) because it doesn't record screen taps. and even if it did, i would need it to record two consecutive screen taps. first tap to open the control menu, and a second tap for the function.

Edited by msafi 2005-04-09 3:37 AM
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 8:15 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm not sure if that can be done. You would need to know information what only the developers would know any probably would not tell you. (I think)

Nick
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 12:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i saw some program somewhere that let you assign the external buttons to voice recording, on the 720. might worth a try??
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

i do not know, but i suspect that you could use a combination of j7xxkeys and M3cro, which is similar to the J680's HP Macro program. you should try it and let us know the results
 Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 3:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

thanks everyone for the reply,

and matrixcore, thanks for suggesting m3cro. i read the m3cro review here on hpc:factor but i'm not sure if it would let me assign macros to screen taps. i didn't read that it would any where in the review or in m3cro's website.

so i'm afraid m3cro doesn't help there either.

and the lousy audible.com player doesn't use menu shortcuts like alt+f and such...

Edited by msafi 2005-04-09 3:56 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 6:44 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The most features scripting and macro language I know for CE is in PenCommander, which comes with CalliGrapher. It's possible you may be able to do it with that.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=85
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 10:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

msafi - 2005-04-09 12:54 PM
and the lousy audible.com player doesn't use menu shortcuts like alt+f and such...

Is this a PPC application? If so there's usually no support for keyboard shortcuts... I hope you see the reason
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9