x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS:Global] Low-Profile (102mm long) Orinoco Gold 16bit WiFi card---HPC Factor Exclusive!

1 2 3 4
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-08-09 12:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I obtained a sample low-profile Orinoco Gold card branded 'speedtouch' by Alcatel-Lucent. It is factory stock and therefore has no formal label for retail store. I tested it on NEC MobilePro 900C with Cmonex v1 and it worked excellently with the driver WLAGS46B.dll in the ROM. Actually it outperformed any of my other cards. While other cards showed signal strength from good to low, the low-profile Orinoco showed excellent at the same spot. The beauty of this type of cards is its extrusion from MP900C is only 13.5mm that is less than half of a regular Orinoco Gold's 30mm. A few photos are attached to show the beauty, operation, and length comparison with others. The price is $25 apiece shipped within US and $30 shipped elsewhere. Paypal is the preferred payment method, but US buyers can pay using money order and personal check. International buyers can also use money order, but it takes significantly longer. If you are interested, PM me to reserve one. I need roughly 3 weeks to begin shipping. Although I only tested the card with my 64bit encryption network, I believe it can do 128bit WEP. It should also work under Mac OS and Linux (but I have not tested it. I may test it under JLime). Since 3Com's card does not work on MP900C, this card is the closest to a built-in WiFi for our beloved MobilePro 900C. Of course, it is also a good and low-profile card for other devices.

(LengthComparison.JPG)

(Surfing.JPG)

(AgereSys.JPG)

(ComparisonW2wire.JPG)

(extrusion.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments LengthComparison.JPG (65KB - 6 downloads)
Attachments Surfing.JPG (67KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments AgereSys.JPG (67KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments ComparisonW2wire.JPG (52KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments extrusion.JPG (59KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-08-09 2:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh this is indeed like my CF senao but this one probably has better signal (my senao is about the same as a normal agere)

btw, small advice. you should test 128bit wep. these can easily be 64bit, so then if it turns out so, then you should reflash the cards to 128 before a buyer starts complaining
(other than that, really no difference in anything, it is a few bytes that needs to be changed.)

Edited by cmonex 2007-08-09 2:07 PM
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-08-09 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks for your advice. I'll test 128bit WEP.
 Top of the page
Gweb Page Icon Posted 2007-08-09 10:10 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

CAuser-
Interested in the WiFi card, a few questions
do the cards have a FCC ID# that you could post or PM me?
and do the cards have an external antenna jack?

I'll test 128bit WEP

interested in the result too

BTW: if your into it I have serial cables and if you want to do a trade I would be into that exchange

Thanks
Gweb
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-08-10 2:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have just set up my home network with 128bit WEP. I tested the low-profile Orinoco Gold card on NEC MobilePro 900C and Skeye.pad SL with CE 4.2. It works perfectly on both machines. The driver is WLAGS46B.dll I extracted from a version on this site. Here is a photo showing it in action on Skeye.pad SL CE 4.2. Note: Skeye.pad SL with CE 4.1 simply did not detect the card. Sorry, there is no FCC ID on the card. No jack for external antenna.

Edited by CAuser 2007-08-10 2:22 AM

(onSkeyePadCE4.2.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments onSkeyePadCE4.2.JPG (63KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-08-11 2:00 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE3 driver was installed on HP Jornada 720. The card works perfectly with 128bit WEP. See the photo below.

(onJ720.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments onJ720.JPG (73KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-08-17 2:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Update: The cards are on its way. It takes 2-3 weeks.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-09-09 2:19 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

The cards came in within the projected time frame. I'll begin to ship on Sept. 10. I'm uploading one more photo to compare OEM short Orinoco Gold (speedtouch), original short Orinoco Gold (it's rare to see this type), and regular Orinoco Gold. I'll keep the stock exclusively for HPCfactor for about 1 month. Then, I'll put them on ebay for a higher price.

BTW, without Custom ROM update for MP900C, you can still use the card by simply copying the driver WLAGS46B.dll to Windows directory.

Edited by CAuser 2007-09-09 2:26 AM

(Orinoco.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Orinoco.JPG (70KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-09-09 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm accepting orders now! PM me for payment details. Thanks.
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-09-09 1:27 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

BTW, I'm also interested in trading a speedtouch or 2Wire wireless PCMCIA card or a D-Link DCF-650W wireless CF card for a HPC with Windows CE 2.0 or even 1.0 as I want to have a more complete collection of HPC (though there is little actual use of such machines).

Edited by CAuser 2007-09-09 1:41 PM
 Top of the page
DEVILDOC
DEVILDOC Page Icon Posted 2007-09-13 2:58 PM
#
I rec'd my card yesterday, Fastest shipping I've ever rec'd. Card worked right out of the box. Signal Strenght execellent. I really like the low profile. Execellent performance.

DEVILDOC
 Top of the page
theoak Page Icon Posted 2007-09-14 1:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I received my card yesterday too. Works great. Connects fast, Sticks out less than the card I had. Not a bad price either. I'm very pleased!!
 Top of the page
MPC720 Page Icon Posted 2007-09-16 1:05 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I got my card the other day too. Really liked it. Tested it on my Jornada 728. Works really well. Great signal. Thanks, CAuser. I'm very happy with the purchase.
 Top of the page
deusexaethera
deusexaethera Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 9:37 PM
#
Do you have any of these left?
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 9:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

deusexaethera - 2007-09-20 6:37 PM

Do you have any of these left?

Yes. I still have some.