x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MopiPhant: P2P emule/edonkey client for 7XX

hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 7:58 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Wowww

Now, HPC2000 users can enjoy the new P2P client: Mopiphant.
You need to install the .NET Framework(PPC) on your HPC.
Copy the server.met file of your emule/edonkey folder oof your PC to you MopiPhant folder on your HPC. Or you can find this file by www.google.com . This file contain the servers list. You need to change this file for a new one every month or more to get actualized servers.

HP720 users or others with 640x240 screen need NYDITOT to see donwload button, connect,etc.

The program start in console mode and load the code slowly. Be patient.
Remeber to connect your HPC to internet before. Mopiphant connects automaticaly but you can select a server of your choice.

You can share files copying to Incoming folder.And to see the status of the servers and the downloading files open Log label.

Works perfect and quickly.

Enjoy it!
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 8:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

You can download MopiPhant and the .NET Framework here:

http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/mopi/mopiphant.shtml

The ARM and ARMV4 file work on HPC2000.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 12:45 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Now lets HOPE that this is not used to get CE software.

-Thanks hpcpro!
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 1:37 AM
#
H/PC Elite

as long as we're the only ones using CE software & we do not share our SW archives on P2P networks, i believe we're immune to that kind of evil. remember the CE virus thread: security through obscurity (i think it must be some kind MSFT's engineers mantra )
 Top of the page
supervaags Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 8:36 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

hello,

i have installed mopiphant on my j710 but i have problem.. i cant see the download/search/servers buttons..
does anyone know what the problem is?

i have an wireless internet card so i am connected to the internet, and i also have an full version of nydidot

thank you
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

This becomes even sweeter since it was announced that the newest version of the .Net CF installer allows you to install to a storage card!

Top of the page
Geared2003 Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 1:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

That's an interesting concept. I like the fact that it is possible to do nearly everything on a CE device... But seriously, are you really going to use a Jornada for P2P ??? It can take many days/weeks/months to download a single file on Emule...
So, I am not willing to waste the memory or processing power of my Jornada just for this .
The NET compact framework is interesting though: more and more CE applications are coded in .NET. A lot of NET applications can run "as is" on HPCs, when PPC apps require a lot of tweaking. The only drawback is that NET applications are generally slow, even on powerful devices.
 Top of the page
supervaags Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 1:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

i just want to see how it works, and HPCPRO says he has it working good at his jornada so i only want to know what it could be that i dont see those buttons
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 3:54 PM
#
It sounds like a sweet idea to have a 720 running a P2P client. With a big CF card it'd be a handy edition.
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Unless things have changed, I believe this application is still more or less just a technical curiosity, as it cannot handle files bigger than 1 edonkey chunk size (~9-10 MB). It might be useful for downloading mp3's or other small files, but forget about going down to the internet cafe to download that big file, when you are stuck on dialup at home...
 Top of the page
hpcpro Page Icon Posted 2006-07-12 1:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Use NYDITOT 640x320 or use Winwatch to move down screen(donĀ“t resize or adjust screen).
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-08-10 9:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The other great thing about apps written in pure .NET is that applications are processor independent. So, the same .NET .exe will run on any of the supported WinCE processors and OS versions that have the .NET runtime available! Even x86 WinCE! (But sadly Power PC and SH4 CE 3.0 do not have the runtime ) Provided they do not use APIs that are not available on a certain CE implementation, the app should run on any CE platform and if you are lucky desktop Windows.

To me, .NET seems far more useful on Windows CE than desktop Windows where all machines use x86 anyway. It makes processor differences far less of a problem at the cost of a slight slowdown. Though, it still boggles my mind why so many .NET authors make a seperate cab for every processor type. I have even seen apps where the cab for each processor type was identical! I assume the VC2003 setup creator does that automatically...but still. You'd think the developer would want to make life easier for themself and their users and only distribute one cab for all processors. It is the whole point of the .NET Compact Framework!

BTW: This little MobiPhant app has source code available. It should be trivial to resize its forms in Visual Studio 2003 to fit better on an HVGA H/PC. But sadly, I do not own VS2003. Perhaps someone else could give it a try.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-08-10 9:39 PM
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-08-20 12:54 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

could someone write some sort of tutorial, i mean what is this program, what does it do, and what is it capable of?
Link
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 17