x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c ActiveSync problems

1 2
fathairyape
fathairyape Page Icon Posted 2007-08-22 1:36 PM
#
I have the latest firmware on my new mobilepro 900c from arcadia (thanks ;D) but when I connect it to the computer via a USB connection I get a "Your Device was not Detected" menu on ActiveSync 3.8.

It says:
COM1 - Available
COM2 - Not Intalled
COM3 - Available
Infared Port - Not Installed
USB - USB is available

And then when I hit next it searches for it all over again. My computer says 'Mobile Device' is connected and the MobilePro beeps and shows the "Connecting to Host" menu for a moment when connected. What do I do?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-08-22 3:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Punt.

Seriously, though - it sounds like you've connected the second time around. If so, what do you want to do next?
 Top of the page
fathairyape
fathairyape Page Icon Posted 2007-08-22 3:55 PM
#
But ActiveSync on my computer isn't recognizing it. It says, "No Device Found".
 Top of the page
fathairyape
fathairyape Page Icon Posted 2007-08-22 4:05 PM
#
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 7:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mine doesnt work... this is a big problem for my debugger.

any way to force uninstallation of the NEC AS usb driver ?

the list in http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1775&posts=8 didn't help. i managed to get sig3 connecting finally, but i don't need to activesync sig3, i need to sync the 900/900c.

it used to work for months very nicely, now not any more, i wouldn't care but it stopped working on the laptop too, not just on the PC.. that IS a problem.

what happens is, when i insert the cable, the 900c tries to search for AS for about 2 secs then gives up. AS never sees anything.

i won't do a 11th reinstall.

p.s.: interestingly it doesn't work over serial either, so maybe it's not just the usb sync driver. also, i haven't been able to create partnerships for a very long while now, even when AS itself used to work. not that i cared about this. just strange, it still won't ask me to make a partnership, connects as guest right away with the sig3.

Edited by cmonex 2007-09-17 7:26 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 7:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2007-09-17 4:19 PM
what happens is, when i insert the cable, the 900c tries to search for AS for about 2 secs then gives up. AS never sees anything.

That sounds just like what my skeye.pad is doing.
 Top of the page
jjadams530
jjadams530 Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 7:45 PM
#
Help! I am having similar problems with my newly acquired mobilepro 900c. I cannot connect it to my PC. I have tried installing activesync 4.5 but that didn't help eith. I get a 2 sec window that says it is trying to connect but then disappears.
Jim
jadams2hd@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
drutkay
drutkay Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 7:58 PM
#
I had issues when I first tried my new 900C. I also upgraded to 4.5 as well. I found that when I placedthe USB cable into my USB hub (which XP keeps reminding me is slower and devices would work faster in a USB 2.0 port), my 900C sync without a problem. As soon as I used the port on the CPU, the device fails to connect. Seems that speed isn't everything...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 9:41 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

my usb ports are 1.1

anyway i wouldn't have mentioned this, but it stopped working on both PC and laptop, and it's been so for at least 1 month, nothing helps.

Edited by cmonex 2007-09-17 9:44 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-09-17 10:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ehh ok..solution that i never saw anywhere. just the questions.. anyway:

the problem is that the NEC usb driver got lost somehow, but you cannot reinstall it because the new hardware wizard doesnt come up (i guess it's still registered somewhere in the depths of the registry maybe).

i dont know of a way of forcing a driver uninstall under xp if it isnt listed in device manager. and this thing isn't (or i didn't find it).

so what you can do is: exit activesync. go to the activesync folder, go into driver folder there, then open the WCEUSBSH.INF file in notepad, then find the line that says [NEC]
there will be several lines under it (until the next [manufacturer name]).
add this line under the last NEC line:

%USB\Vid_0409&Pid_00FD.DeviceDesc% = Host_Inst, USB\Vid_0409&Pid_00FD

thats the pnpid of the 900c

save the changes, then start AS and try to connect the 900c. should work.

note: i currently have AS 4.5 installed for the heck of it.. but i guess the process is the same with 3.8

p.s.: to the new people who didnt even install the NEC usb driver, download http://hpcmonex.net/nec900/files/soft/nec/activesyncusb.zip and install that using new hardware wizard, but if it doesnt come up for some reason (because you already installed it before) then try the above solution.

p.s.2: if your problem is that the green AS icon just never stops (tries to connect but never finishes) then check if you have wceusbsh.PNF under \windows\inf

Edited by cmonex 2007-09-17 10:19 PM
 Top of the page
drutkay
drutkay Page Icon Posted 2007-10-15 10:25 PM
#
I was having the same issue with my 900C. I was using 4.2 with my 720 and upgraded to 4.5 for the 900. I found that if I connected the USB to my PC directly, I would get the same 2 sec flash and no connection. However, if I use my D-link 4 port hub, which appears to run at a slower speed according to Win XP when I connect certain devices, it syncs without any problem. After I established the connection for the first time, I tried again with a USB connection directly to my PC without success. That was two months ago. Just tried again and the same result. But I always sync fine thru my hub. Come to think of it, my 720 used the hub as well when I finally got it to work after two years of trying.
 Top of the page
VinVin Page Icon Posted 2007-10-16 7:29 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I’ve had some sync problems with AS 4.5. Doing a soft reset on the 900c while still connect to the PC usually works. Once had to shut down and restart the PC to correct the problem. One time after reverting to AS 3.8 the 900c would only connect as guest, and yes I did remove rapi.dll from windows/system32 first. So it was back to AS 4.5 and learn to live with it.
 Top of the page
erichfoeckler
erichfoeckler Page Icon Posted 2007-12-13 7:24 PM
#
cmonex,
i'm a newbie so not sure if this is the correct forum to ask you this.
i recently purchased a 900c and successfully installed your updated rom .v2,
however,
i would like to use a usb flash drive, mouse and activesync.
since my USB isn't working
should i reflash my 900c with the other rom version (for hpc 2000) since i read in some of the notes that jetscet interferes with the usb.
or
is there a way to just replace the jetset drivers/cabs on the existing rom??
if so how do i do this?
sorry for such lame questions but you seem to be an amazing expert
your help is appreciated
thanks
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-13 8:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

nooo, i didn't put in that version of the jetcet in the rom so that's not the problem (also no, it doesn't interfere with usb).

before the reflash, did your usb devices work?
 Top of the page
erichfoeckler
erichfoeckler Page Icon Posted 2007-12-13 8:05 PM
#
i wish i had tried it, the unit just came to me from used handhelds, is it possible for the usb to have gone bad?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 26