x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nitrogen Audio Player

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-08-11 4:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Nitrogen is an MP3/OGG/AAC/MP4/M4A/3GP/WAV/WMA player written for CE5/CE6 devices. You can see it in its glory HERE.

What is cool about it is with just a couple of hex edits, version 1.0 runs great on the 900C (probably other CE.NET devices as well).

Plus, it is easily...very easily skinnable. It even has a desktop utility that makes it a really simple thing to create skins for it...skins of any size or shape, and you select the commands you want to have present. In the screen shots below you can see the main program using a skin that I created from scratch.

In the next picture you can see the equalizer, and finally the playlist. All you have to do is find the folder using the built in explorer, and every audio file that is capable of being played will automatically be added to the self-generated playlist.

Attached is the cab file for the 900C installation...oh, did I mention that the program is absolutely free?

(nitrogenmain.jpg)

(nitroequalizer.jpg)

(nitroplaylist.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments nitrogenmain.jpg (38KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments nitroequalizer.jpg (25KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments nitroplaylist.jpg (17KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments Nitrogen MP3 Player.cab (1119KB - 17 downloads)
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-08-11 4:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Very cool...

Will try that out on smartbook
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-08-11 5:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Funny, I tried some time ago to get it to work on my CE 5 devices (RazorBook and ViewSonic V212), but it wouldn't open. Guess it can't hurt to try it on my CE 4.2 .net (and maybe 4.1 .net) devices.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-08-11 6:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The current version is 1.1, however it is too far distant from CE.NET for it to work on my Mobilepro. The version I am using is v 1.0 which when hexedited to fix the cpu type and the OS number works fine.

I tried it on my MP900 using HPC2000 and got quite a few errors show up when I exec checked it. I didn't bother trying to hexedit them...

Really, I guess there is no need for another MP3 player....but I just kinda liked Nitrogen for its simplicity and the ability to configure it it on the desktop. Always fun to personalize things....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-08-12 5:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Ah, that explains it. Okay, tried version 1.0 on my Stylistic and Sig 3, and it works nicely on both. (Didn't have to hexedit any further before trying it on the Sig 3, because you had changed the OS version to 4.02. )
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-08-12 7:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Would be fun to have a VGA or SVGA arm based handheld...alas I don't. Anyways, there is a separate program called skin studio you can use with Nitrogen that runs on your desktop.

All you do is create a bmp graphic of your choice...could be anything. Then you locate the hotspots for the various commands and then tell it to create the skin...it is really that simple. Screenshot of it is below...

(skinstudio.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments skinstudio.jpg (66KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
mr-mac Page Icon Posted 2009-08-12 10:37 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well sig 3 is 800x480 so is smartbook so the extra real estate may be usefull.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2009-08-13 9:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I noticed that the clock displays HPC system time, so I made a skin that has huge numbers. Also the program has a sleep mode...tested and works well. Set it for any predetermined time and it automatically turns off the program in that many minutes. Shortly thereafter, your HPC turns off too if you have that set in the control panel. Screenshots and skin attached...

(sleepmode.jpg)

(clock.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments sleepmode.jpg (23KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments clock.jpg (20KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments clock.sk2 (513KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-08-13 8:21 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Nice work, Rich.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.347 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11