x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I know it is not Windows CE

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-11-05 11:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, I've actually been enjoying my Fossil Palm wristwatch. The first few days I had to charge it up every night. That wasn't too bad at first, until the day that I forgot to do that...and then had to reset everything from scratch again.

Well I solved that problem. I did one of those "do it yourself" upgrades from a website I found that allows you to put in a battery with double the capacity. It works great, now I can go 2-3 days before needing a recharge. I still plug it in nightly, but if I forget...well then the world doesn't come crashing down.

In the pictures below you can see my battery mod with the battery outside the watch, then one showing the battery in the watch, and finally a picture showing the relative size compared to a few of my other watches. From left --> right, an infrared remote-control wristwatch, my Casio PC-Unite, the Fossil Palm, my Rolex, and finally my MP4 wristwatch.

(fossilbat1.jpg)

(fossilwithbat.jpg)

(fossilcompare.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments fossilbat1.jpg (24KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments fossilwithbat.jpg (35KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments fossilcompare.jpg (25KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2010-11-05 11:09 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

That's pretty cool. I've been considering picking up a Fossil PDA watch myself. Never saw the battery mod before, thanks!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-11-05 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

That is great! Using an I-pod shuffle battery...
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2010-11-05 1:30 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yoldering - 2010-11-05 8:08 AM

an I-pod shuffle battery...

Is that what it is! Nice. Now I really want to find a Fossil PDA... *Off to eBay I go*
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2010-11-05 2:52 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

By the way Rich...,
What's the deal with all of your watches reading different times???

Edited by Yoldering 2010-11-05 2:53 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-11-05 3:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I haven't set the time or worn most of them in a while. The Casio PC-Unite is the only one with the right time set. I haven't been wearing the Fossil until I was sure the battery hacked worked...and so far it is. So I'll set the time and reinstall the band and start wearing it this weekend. The IRD watch was dead, so I just popped in a battery, but didn't finish setting the time. The MP4 watch isn't charged at all. My Rolex is a self-winding, and I haven't worn it in a while either.

I do wish the Fossil and MP4 were about 20% smaller... Right now I pretty much only wear my Paparazzi Swatch...because I can get emails on it from my wife throughout the day.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9