x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket Informant 9 is now freeware

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-28 10:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

WebIS has announced that Pocket Informant 9 has been released as unsupported freeware. Check the messages on the lower right corner of the Pocket Informant page:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/

Because it's written for Windows Mobile 5 and 6, I'm wondering if it might work on a CE 6 device with the right DLLs. Checking the files reveals that the only DLLs they point to are standard ones: coredll.dll, commctrl.dll, aygshell.dll, ceshell.dll, note_prj.dll, ole32.dll, and oleaut32.dll. Oh, and also VoiceCtl.dll. So far, though, even with all those DLLs added I haven't been able to get it to open on my CE 6 devices. Anyone else want to give it a shot?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 2:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Has anyone figured out the registration code? Can't find a generic one on the site, and on my phone, Pocket Info is telling me it's a 15-day trial.

Jake

edit: ah, here it is:

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=19014

Edited by Jake 2011-01-29 2:38 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Wow, quite a treat getting PI9 for free. I'm using 5 now.

That will be a nice addition to my phones. Maybe if you guys figure out the hpc side I can add it to a 720.

Don't forget to get the 9.01 cabs from the dir.

Edited by wallythacker 2011-01-29 4:19 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey wait. if 9 if now free why shouldn't the other version also be free?

Might they be easier to integrate into a hpc? Now, someone needs to email WebIS and convince them to give out reg codes for the older versions.

just a thought.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 6:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That thought already occurred to me, but I can't find the older versions on the site to test it out. (That would be necessary to get it working on the 720, since RedGear won't make a WM 5 or 6 [CE 5.01 and 5.02, respectively] app work in H/PC 2000.) I wouldn't count on the same unlock code working with all versions - I strongly suspect it won't.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 7:56 PM
#
H/PC Elder

http://download.pocketinformant.com/

have at it!

everything back to the beginning I guess...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-29 10:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No luck so far with version 8, which is supposed to be compatible with WM 2003.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-02-01 5:05 PM
#
H/PC Elder

well? any luck with any version? I'm hoping ...

anyone email webis yet asking for codes for earlier versions?

Edited by wallythacker 2011-02-01 5:06 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-01 5:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I seriously doubt you will get any versions of this to work with the hpc...there are too many unique dlls not supported by our machines.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-02-01 6:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The ones I mentioned above aren't particularly unique, Rich.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-01 6:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I downloaded all the versions and tried them on my 900C without any luck whatsoever, and they required extensive hex editing to even get around exec-check. I couldn't get any of them to work...though I did not try Redgear.

Mainly I had trouble with the pitool.dll and the tgetfile.dll. And those were after editing the pocketinformant.exe file.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2011-02-02 3:45 AM
#
H/PC Elder

FWIW

Informant 9 is on my phone. It's big, 5 megs + 2 megs for icons. It's a little confusing, I think there's more options than you could ever use. It looks like you can customize anything you want. It's fairly snappy.

It looked better on my Palm TX but tbh the TX had a different screen, better in some ways.

I hope you guys get it working on the hpcs. Ummm, I might have PI 3 or 4 around if that would be easier to hack.

Thanks to WEBIS for making it available. Nice gesture from them.

Here's hoping the Agenda Fusion people don,t make theirs free. For a few years now I've been running both PI & AF. I could never decide which I liked better.

I have a lot of reading to do. The PI manual is big.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-02-02 6:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Looks like I just bricked my MintPad trying it on that device. (Well, not really bricked - the proprietary UI still works.) After I copied several files over to \Windows, the display later went haywire (black screen with weird-colored icons), so I reset it, and when I tried to go into the CE shell via the Program menu, I instead got an error message: "Sorry, unexpected error occurred. System will reboot in 10 seconds." I tried re-installing the firmware and even opening up the device and temporarily disconnecting the backup battery, but the error is still there. I hope I can solve this error, because the MintPad is one of the coolest toys I have, and it runs several CE programs that none of my other CE 5 or 6 devices will run.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-09-04 1:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I was able to get one older version of PocketInformant (version 2.6) to open on my core CE devices. However, it won't accept the registration code mentioned above for PI9.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 16