x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cassiopeia Fiva MPC-501M63E

1 2
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-11 3:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello!
Maybe anyone have firmware for Casio Cassiopeia fiva MPC-501M63E
Please help! very important!

In Casio page only manual available. And casio support cant help me (((((((((
I dont have recovery CD (((
if you have firmware or link for it please help!
thanks anyway!

Edited by monoxrom 2011-05-11 3:34 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-11 7:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ha....you must think this is an x86 website...WRONG!. This is a Windows CE HPC only site! Just joking. Fiva probably showed up because of my posts and those silly search engines...

Go here: http://brandon-b.net/fiva.htm

Unless you have a pcmcia CD you would be out of luck with the recovery CD anyways. Or a compatible pcmcia floppy drive. As you probably already know, the device only allows booting from either the C or A drive, or from the "Card" drive...which is the pcmcia devices. There is absolutely zero USB booting support for the Fiva 501.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-05-11 10:19 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Off Topic
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 4:46 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Good page thanks!

First thing I did when I bought my used Fiva is to order an identical hard drive. On arrival, I removed mine and did a DD command to clone the drive.

Later I found a floppy drive on ebay for $5, but I still don't have the original floppy or CD and my only image was the one it got sent with. Maybe I have to spend a weekend to try out that site (and I can feel safe cuz I have a backup).
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 9:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you, but no firmware on this page only drivers and programs. And i was found this page earlier and send e-mail for author of this page but he dont answer

I dont need PCMCIA floppy or cd-rom, if im get firmware file i can remove HDD and copy file and awdflash program to hard disk on normal PC and boot from him on fiva.
All I need is firmware (bios) file

Why do i need firmware? Because i was write MPC-101 firmware to MPC-501 and now some functions not work

If anybody have Fiva MPC-501M63E please read your bios from awdflash program to file and send it to me!
You can get awdflash form here
http://casio.jp/mpc/101/support/download/F12j146B.exe
Run only awdflash! because im was run UP146JK.BAT file, and now im here

Edited by monoxrom 2011-05-12 9:10 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 9:26 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Bummer, I thought about trying to reflash mine with the 701 flash, but there were too many hardware changes. What functions did you loose going with the 101 flash?

SMB Gaiden, I actually bought a restoration CD for mine...cost me a pretty penny, but it is a bootable CD that contains all the drivers and software programs that came with the 501...

But having a complete HD image is better in my opinion...
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 9:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

What functions did you loose going with the 101 flash?

Keyboard (keys on fiva) not working. If i press "shift" on screen im have "3" and another in the same form

And PCMCIA usb controller working not good (although I doubt that the blame here firmware)

If you have recovery CD, please look is firmware there, some *.bin file or some SFX-exe archive
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 8:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Monoxrom, I've checked high and low...there is no bios image for the 501 anywhere. And even if I were to use some third party dump program and save the bios, you wouldn't be able to reload it as the platform data isn't present. It gets appended from the bios.rom image to the bios.wph if I were to use phlash16. And using that, it wants to rewrite my bios while making a backup...and I'm not willing to do that.

The Awdflash program you mentioned above is a bios writer, not reader...and my device says it uses the Phoenix bios, which I know is compatible with Award...but not 100%.

Maybe someone knows of a bios dump tool that runs in dos for Phoenix bios that will read only and not write? I'd be willing to give that a try....

BTW, the restore CD has nothing on it except the default Windows 98 and drivers for the 501, and the Casio applications that came with it.
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-12 9:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

BTW, the restore CD has nothing on it except the default Windows 98 and drivers for the 501, and the Casio applications that came with it.

hmm, this is not good ((((

Monoxrom, I've checked high and low...there is no bios image for the 501 anywhere. And even if I were to use some third party dump program and save the bios, you wouldn't be able to reload it as the platform data isn't present. It gets appended from the bios.rom image to the bios.wph if I were to use phlash16. And using that, it wants to rewrite my bios while making a backup...and I'm not willing to do that.
The Awdflash program you mentioned above is a bios writer, not reader...and my device says it uses the Phoenix bios, which I know is compatible with Award...but not 100%.

Phoenix bios? strange... My MPC-501 have old bios - award 4.51, like Pentium1 standard systems, and this "new" bios from MPC-101 looks like old bios

Maybe someone knows of a bios dump tool that runs in dos for Phoenix bios that will read only and not write? I'd be willing to give that a try....

run awdflash, program ask you for file to write, simply press "enter", then program ask you for backup file name, enter file name and press "enter".
Program backup you bios to file, then write message like "input firmware file not found, program terminated!"

You can also try program like uniflash
http://www.rainbow-software.org/download/uf140.zip

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-13 12:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ok, it seems you are in luck today. Give me your normal email address where I can send you the bios image. Uniflash seemed to work fine....but you have to run it from DOS, not a DOS window...
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-13 2:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley
Thank you!

my e-mail: alphatasm@ukr.net
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-13 3:54 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Sent...
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ehh.. bad news... uniflash bios image file only 128 kb. but original bios must be 256 kb size!!! Awdflash not write 128 kb bios!

Rich Hawley
Please use this program:

Run AWDFLASH

Program ask you for bios image fule to WRITE

press "ENTER"

program ask, save current bios to file?

Press "Y" then enter backup file name:

then press "enter" Program bacup your bios, and will be terminated because input file not found

Please send me this backup file

Two versions of AWDFLASH i was attach to this message. Please try it from older version!

Attachments
----------------
Attachments AWD.ZIP (29KB - 5 downloads)
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 6:08 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Curious, monoxrom... Did it work? Rich, may I private message you my email to obtain the file in order to archive it?
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 6:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Did it work?

smb_gaiden
No! bios file is not good!

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 10