x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I wonder what they will bring...

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-16 10:23 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If a person ever needed parts, well take a look at these two auctions.

FIRST AUCTION a lot of 32 Mobilepro 900s. Some may be missing parts, but even with the batteries....

SECOND AUCTION a lot of 18 Netbook Pros. Think of what a nice machine you could build.

I was thinking of bidding on them myself...though I have no idea what I need them for or would even do with them.

Heck, there are even a couple of Intermec 6651s with BUY IT NOW prices of about $25-$30 total. It wasn't that long ago I was paying over a hundred bucks for the same thing....
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-01-16 10:50 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I wouldn't mind those netBook Pro's...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 3:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I remember NB Pros going for $400-700 each as recently as 2007. That lot might turn out to be a good deal since all of them reportedly work. Even today I think the $80 I spent for mine is a decent price.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 3:57 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

It looks like they are liquidating some place with all that commercial stuff available. Look at those MobilePros all stacked up like dead bodies, that is sad.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 12:04 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Anyone want to go in thirds on the Netbook Pro? We bid $300 and you end up with 6 of the units for a hundred bucks. Keep the best for yourself, and sell the rest off and get your $100 back...

I have my hundred ready...who else is intrested? Email me if you are serious.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 6:22 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

What about your signature Rich?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 6:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That's the idea...a means to change my signature back to where it should be...to sell and make a profit and have enough money!

You know life is funny...when I was 19 I earned $165 a month...and I always had money left over, was living the life of luxury...at least by my standards then. Now I'm totally retired, don't work or teach any longer, sit around on my butt doing nothing, but with my retirement checks and social security, I earn a whole lot more each month. Way more than what I started out making.

And yet I'm always broke!
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2012-01-17 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich Hawley - 2012-01-17 1:59 PM
You know life is funny...

Yes, it sure is. I remember life in much the same way. When I started out I was earning around $50 a week working full time, paying for and attending university full time as well as living on my own. And I still had money left over to party on weekends.

I'm not at the retirement stage yet (turned it down twice) but these days I'm broke too...

Rick
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-01-18 4:56 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'll have to pass this time. I already have lots of Clio C-1050s and NEC 790s/800s/880s that I'm working on selling.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-18 8:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I thought about it and passed on it. Consider that 18 of the Netbook Pros without power supplies cost $250. Probably only 16 of the were in condition for resale at optimal pricing. That means you would have to sell them at $20-$25 each to break even considering eBay fees and PayPal fees. Unless you had a nice stash of power supplies, then that is something the buyer is going to have to obtain.

Other complete units on eBay seem to sell for about $40 these days. And while I would be the first to agree that the NBPro cannot be compared to these cheapo Chinese netbooks you see...the average eBayer isn't going to understand that and would probably rather buy one of those brand new for $50 that has built in wifi and a newer OS than settle for a used NBPro.

Still I'm a little envious of the buyer...whoever he/she was. I would have liked to play with that lot.

BTW, the Intermec 6651 which was complete, but had a tiny crack on the hinge, went for $15. Still couple a couple out there for parts for $20, and a working one for $30 BIN option.

And the huge lot of Mobilepros went for $230. So someone is still buying these things...which means we'll probably see a bunch of them on eBay in the near future as someone reconditions them...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-19 10:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Oh yeah, did I tell you that I was the dummy who bought that Intermec?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320832922521?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D320832922521%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I certainly didn't need it...I just couldn't resist after the seller told me it has the HPC2000 rom chip in it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-01-20 5:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wouldn't call you a dummy for that, Rich. It's a great device, a huge bargain at that price. I'd've snapped one of these up if I didn't already have one.
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2012-01-20 5:08 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I thought about bidding on that one. I contacted the seller to see if had a photo of the actual unit, and his reply was "Yes, I do." But he didn't provide a photo.....so I held off. I'll be interested to hear about how it is once you receive it.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-20 6:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

One thing I used to like with my old 6651 was the TFT screen. I'm still not sure why I even bid on the thing...but for $11 I figured I couldn't go wrong. I'll probably play with it for a week and then resell it at zero profit. That is if I can resell it.
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2012-01-20 6:50 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

If it's in decent shape and you want to re-sell, let me know - I might be interested.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12