x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Just ordered a new Kindle Fire

1 2 3
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2015-12-07 8:03 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yoldering - thanks for the tips! I'll give that a try and see if it speeds things up. Browsing in particular is pretty slow sometimes.

C: Amie - The Surface had been getting slower, so I decided to try refreshing it. I had previously linked my live.com and Exchange server accounts in Outlook as well as the Calendar and Mail apps. After the refresh, when I opened Outlook it asked for my Exchange server account information, but then would either give me an error message or just hang. However, both accounts were still linked in the Calendar and Mail apps; just not in Outlook.

Then I decided to try a full reset. I did that and was able to re-link the Calendar and Mail apps to both accounts. I was finally able to link my live.com account to Outlook this morning, but not my Exchange account. I went to Control Panel - Mail - Add Account, selected the "Other type" of account button, entered in my server and user name information, clicked "Check Name", and it eventually gave me the error message "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action."

I've double-checked the server & username info, because I have the same accounts linked to my Windows phone, and it's correct. I'm stumped as to whether this is an issue with Outlook on the Surface or an issue with the Exchange server. But I'm linked to it on my phone, and was linked on the Surface prior to refreshing it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-12-10 7:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like a server side issue, can you ping the server?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-12-10 9:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I enjoy the thread...but feel a little sad at the same time....

Wish we had something CE to discuss, something new and great....
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2015-12-11 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I haven't tried pinging the server from the Surface, but I am able to connect to Exchange from my Windows phone and an old netbook on which I installed Win 10.

And I agree with you, Rich...I miss using and talking about my hpcs. I keep trying to come up with reasons for carrying them around, but it's getting difficult to justify.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-12-11 4:19 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I'm still here playing around with CE, Rich. Maybe I'll have a thing or two to report soon.

I don't have a Kindle Fire, but I did just get an iView TVPad - a kinda cool 7" tablet running Android 4.2 with a digital TV receiver. Having had DirecTV for the past 17 years, I had no idea how many local digital TV channels I can get for free.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2015-12-11 8:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2015-12-10 9:56 PM

PDXMark - 2015-12-11 12:37 AM

I haven't tried pinging the server from the Surface, but I am able to connect to Exchange from my Windows phone and an old netbook on which I installed Win 10.

How about:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windows/en-US/a4cc97ac-677f-4d40-95d8-ac1d1949f188/cannot-connect-to-exchange-with-surface-rt
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2015-12-11 5:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks - I'll take a look. I've googled a bunch of similar pages but haven't looked at that one yet.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-12-15 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So, the Fire should be arriving today! Which is good because I thought it would be some time next week. I am happy we will be able to take it on vacation with us!
 Top of the page
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 12:57 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rich Hawley - 2015-12-10 3:56 PM

Well, I can happily report that there's no need to stop using your now-ancient handheld pcs for internet...IF you keep your expectations in the real world. I just slipped an ethernet adapter into my beloved MobilePro 800, and spent a good two hours reading news headlines, doing Google searches (including image searches), and general wandering around. A site that won't display in Pocket Internet Explorer may work in World Talk browser, and vice-versa. Also, sometimes when a page won't open on first click, you can often bring it up by refreshing or opening the link in a new window. Hey - it keeps me off the streets and gives me a warm feeling all over to relive the innocence of a Windows CE HPC.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 2:32 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich, speaking of CE...my daughter recently opened the bottom drawer of my desk and saw a CE device a had not seen in a while. The 50 X 15! I forgot I still had it...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 4:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Boo, Yoldering - never forget your CE devices.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2015-12-18 1:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Loved the 50x15. If I could find an old laptop with a Geode GX processor in it, then I'm thinking I could have a CE5 laptop using an image of the PIC's hard drive...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-12-19 11:41 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

CE Geek - 2015-12-17 10:46 PM

Boo, Yoldering - never forget your CE devices.

I know, I know....

By the way, my vacation starts today. Cruise to Cozumel, Belize, and Honduras. I'll take some photos at the beach for you rich...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2015-12-19 9:38 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Be sure to include pics of your wife in a bikini holding an H/PC, Yoldering.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2015-12-19 11:19 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yeah, good luck with that...y'all have a merry Christmas!!!
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10