x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

'Official' DLL Patches for CE 2.11

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-06-07 10:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I have had this kicking around for years as I lost it and rediscovered it this morning by accident. Instead of losing it again, I've put it into the DLC.

https://www.hpcfactor.com/downloads/3014/Windows_CE_2.11_Platform_Builder_DLL_Patches

Allegedly this contains official DLL updates for CE 2.11, now I know nothing about these so perhaps someone feeling brave wants to have a play and try to clear up the mystery?

The DHCP one could be interesting if it is indeed newer than any ROM version as I know a lot of people are having problems with DHCP.

Equally mysterious is the softkb.dll - my initial thought was that these might be a PsPC file set, however that makes no sense given the number of CPU's targeted here, plus, the DLL makes no reference to aygshell at all.
It seem to export:
SIP_Close
SIP_Deinit
SIP_IOControl
SIP_Init
SIP_Open
SIP_PowerDown
SIP_PowerUp
SIP_Read
SIP_Seek
SIP_Write

If anyone wants to have a go, please post back here - but have a backup in case it forces a hard reset.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-06-08 7:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Why would a software keyboard control need aygshell.dll when it only occupies a small portion of even the Palm-size PC display, and has no menu bar nor even a title bar?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-06-08 9:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I would assume for message dispatch and state awareness with the shell
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-06-14 6:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

So when one uses these, do you simply copy->replace the existing copies in ROM? Or do you have to register the Dlls too?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-06-14 6:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I would do both
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-19 4:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I will be trying these patches out this weekend. I will backup first. But ill let you know how much luck is with the 680e and the 690. If i have time i will test this patch on my Sharp im selling as well. So that way im testing these on a SH3 and a MIPS processor. I do NOT own and ARM based unit (yet). Thanks for posting these. I too am interested in the DHCP file, if it indeed fixes some issues ive run into. Fingers crossed as i said. :-)

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-19 5:30 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

For dhcp issues
I’d recommend assigning a static IP address with 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask with 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as the primary and secondary DNS servers respectively
I mean I don’t know if that’s your issue but that’s always worked for me
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.188 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8