x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Automatic SIP in CE5?

I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-07-19 4:07 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

Is it possible to configure the SIP in CE 5 in such a way that it automatically pops up whenever a text field is selected?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-07-21 2:20 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Go here
https://www.exactsoftware.com/docs/DocView.aspx?DocumentID=%7Bfc42d8b2-39e8-4bdc-931f-bd7d68043af4%7D
I know it's for IE only, but maybe helpful in some way

How to disable the keyboard pop-up on a Windows CE mobile device
When using Pick-IT ASP in Internet Explorer, the SIP (software input panel, or virtual keyboard) will pop up when a textbox is activated. We cannot control this panel through Pick-IT.

There are two methods available to disable this SIP, depending on your mobile device model and operating system.

Method 1: setting in Internet Explorer

On the mobile device, go To: [Start , Settings, Control Panel , Internet Options] .
Select Tab: Advanced, option: Browsing and disable "automatic SIP":

Method 2: changing registry setting

When method 1 does not work, you may try this method: changing a registry setting on the mobile device.

The following value should be changed on the mobile device:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Disable Auto SIP"=dword:1

The effect is that the panel will no longer pop up automatically, but you can still choose the input panel manually.

To make this more easier (changing the registry involves some risk), a REG file which contains this fix, is attached to this document. Save this on your desktop, then make contact with your mobile device through Activesync and copy this file to the device. When saved in \System (LXE) or \Application (Symbol/Motoral) it should automatically be activated when performing a warm or cold boot. The first time you can just double click this file through the File Explorer on the mobile device.

Just restart Internet Explorer after applying this fix.
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-07-21 12:16 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

This is sadly just for IE but I appreciate it
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-07-21 4:28 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I know but I meant if you look at where that registry key is located maybe you can look for similar syntax for one that’s not for IE in a similar place where the IE key was
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8