x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Recommended 18650 battery brands?

1 2
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-08-18 4:33 AM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

question, is there a good replacement for the actual bms/contacts part of the battery? Would like to source one so I can experiment with different types of batteries and 3d printed case and all that
 Top of the page
hassilon Page Icon Posted 2023-08-22 6:08 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

After the amazon battery return I decided to just take a refund and then went to my local headshop and bought some more 2600 mAh 186500s.
Said they'd take 'em back within a week as long as I didn't solder or weld anything to them.

BMS has gone kind of nuts since I recelled batteries: the battery meter in the Power control panel went down to about 50 percent in the first few hours of use, but it has been around 50-60 percent for several days now with typical use of ~1hr a day. I think it might be confused as it somtimes goes up to 66 percent and then goes back down to 50. I bought 2 sets of batteries and I'm trying this in both a Jornada 720 and 728. The behavior is similar: quick drop to 50 percent and then it stays there a long time.
 Top of the page
WillowDeaf Page Icon Posted 2023-08-22 6:51 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

The BMS may need to be calibrated or something along that line? Essentially let the battery run down and then charge it up fully. A few cycles of this may help with that a lot.
 Top of the page
julle_da_costa Page Icon Posted 2023-11-17 1:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

I saw the video by fantamblium on YT. Very interesting. However, since I have no technical skills I would never try it myself. But since I would like to replace the batteries in my 620lx I am interested in the skill profile of someone who could do it for me. Would an average electrician know what to do? Or would the staff at a PC retailer know? How about those shops that repair mobile phones?

I realize this is a nebulous question but I plan on buying the 18650 cells and get someone with the appropriate skills to replace them in my 620lx. (Being paid of course.)

Hakan
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 40 - Executed queries : 30