x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

GAPI, redgear...is there a FAQ for this mess?

hassilon Page Icon Posted 2023-08-15 11:29 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

So I've been trying to run some Pocket PC stuff (Pocket VCS Atari 2600 Emulator, Colecovision emulator, Milky Tracker) on my Jornada 728 with GAPI. I thought the 728 was supported by GAPI, but I can only select the 710 in GAPI. But that doesn't work well: PocketVCS for example instantly crashes when I try to launch a game.

If I switch to emulation in GAPI, I can get PocketVCS and Colecovision to run, but they're slow and essential on-screen controls are invisible: for example, on pocketvcs the bottom controls (directions, fire button) are cut off because a vertical resolution of 320 is needed, top controls (Reset, Select, return to GUI) are working but invisible.

Screen rotation does not seem to do anything, although I'm confused as to whether the GAPI rotation settings even apply to software rendering--I assume that's what is meant by "emulation."

Does redgear conflict with GAPI? Should I install both or will they overwrite DLLs?
 Top of the page
hassilon Page Icon Posted 2023-08-19 11:07 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Elite)

Well, I found WinWatch in SCL. Now PocketVCS and Colecovision are usable, but not much fun: the launcher UI screen can be moved up and down with WinWatch, but the emulator output is slightly cut off at the bottom and occupies the left half of the screen. WinWatch does not seem to be able to fix the emulator screen. I tried using GAPI to stretch it to 640x240 and while it works, it is slow and just looks too horrible even if it could go full speed.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-08-19 11:16 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Two things:
Try the solution mentioned here
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1637/MilkyTracker/MilkyTracker/version_0.90.80

May require GAPI to be installed
To use on Jornada 720, please extract "MilkyTracker_WinCE_2008_04_13.zip", then after, extract+copy the "mtjornada.zip" contents into the root installation directory after installing the primary installation file
And also try this as a different option
https://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/1728/Elias_Zacarias/J720_GAPI_Hack
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8