x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cassiopeia E-105S WinCE 2.11 and spreadsheets

theelf Page Icon Posted 2023-10-18 12:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi! greetings

Long time Jornada 720 user, i still work in my jornada in excel every day, love the keyboard

But i need to do a big inventory, and jornada is not very easy to use with one hand, then i decide to buy a cassiopeia e105s, mainly because I like wince interface, and was VERY cheap on a local auction website

Of course i already read this version of wince did not came with pocket excel... but i did not believe i will have a BIG problem just to find a free alternative... i only need too open a xls or csv file, and do some basic stuff ... A1+B1=X not much than this...

Any idea guys? im very lost with this cassiopeia... after many years using jornada i was used to pocket excel, access etc and i did not look for alternatives

thanks a lot
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-10-18 3:15 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

SpreadCE?

http://www.byedesign.co.uk/

I don't know much about that device but I'd guess you'd need the PPC MIPS version: Download Here.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-10-18 3:45 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

SpreadCE is fantastic, I second @thenzero
Don’t be dissuaded by the $20 to purchase the “full version”. The shareware window only occurs when selecting file options. It’s literally the least obstructing shareware window I’ve ever seen.

That said, I highly recommend buying it to support the developer. He’s a great guy and has released three new versions this year!

SpreadCE even supports ODF and XLSX
 Top of the page
theelf Page Icon Posted 2023-10-18 7:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi! thanks for reply guys, i never try spreadce because the shareware advice

And you right, SpreadCE shareware is 100% functional for my needs, just the disturbing shareware nag window

But still looking for a free option, i dont care for xls or other formats support, or any advance functions... just a simple free spreadsheet... im shocked nothing exist, specially cassiopeia was so popular back on time jeje
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-10-18 9:27 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It's literally the most unobstrusive "nag screen" I've ever seen, It only shows up if you navigate the file menu options. It doesn't affect data entry whatsoever. I hardly ever go into the file menus once I've set up what I need to. It's a very fast/efficient program.

But good luck, there may be others in the SCL that may work if you search for spreadsheets. Bear in mind, I'm not sure if they'll work for Palm Sized PCs, but worth a try
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9