x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RIP WordPad

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2024-01-06 9:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

https://gizmodo.com/microsoft-wordpad-gone-windows-11-1851144100

I hadn't noticed it was still there. Funny thing for us CE folks is that Microsoft abandoned Word first and kept WordPad (though, technically, in CE they were essentially the same thing).
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-06 9:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Paint, Remote Desktop and the original Screen Snip tool are also on the chopping board.

I'm working towards ditching Windows entirely for my client devices. I've had more than enough of Microsoft's nonsense.
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2024-01-06 10:43 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

C:Amie - 2024-01-06 1:41 PM

Paint, Remote Desktop and the original Screen Snip tool are also on the chopping board.

I'm working towards ditching Windows entirely for my client devices. I've had more than enough of Microsoft's nonsense.

+1

For personal use, I either use Manjaro Linux or Mac OSX.....

At work, I have to use Win 10.....
DecentralizedMadness Page Icon Posted 2024-01-06 10:46 PM
#
Avatar image of DecentralizedMadness
H/PC Newbie

tbf i always liked wordpad A LOT due to the fact that it was just.. there and you didn't really have to buy office. even when you're trying to find something more simple wordpad did things right because it has all the necessary formatting options, images and that kind of stuff that you'd normally use in a document and no weird ass autocorrect that you can't even disable or change its language or other bloat like that which eventually just slowed everything down and made things feel.. weird. RIP.
Show spoiler...
windows 10 is probably going to be the last version of windows i use lmao

Edited by DecentralizedMadness 2024-01-06 10:47 PM
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2024-01-07 10:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ArchiMark - 2024-01-06 10:43 PM

C:Amie - 2024-01-06 1:41 PM

+1

For personal use, I either use Manjaro Linux or Mac OSX.....

At work, I have to use Win 10.....
popOS here. I'll never use Apple. I'm waiting to see what their new Rust shell is going to be like though. I have some fear that it'll be detrimental for them though.
goldfishdev Page Icon Posted 2024-01-22 4:38 PM
#
Subscribers
Factor Fanatic

PopOS is nice. Right now I'm running Fedora on my laptop. I will still run Windows on my PC for gaming, but for anything else, I find Linux better.
I can't stand Apple products, though. I just find them hard to use.
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-01-22 5:57 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I miss the good old days around 2002-2011 when Apple embraced a lot of open source software backends. I hate the direction they’re in for their OS even if I think they made the right call switching to ARM
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 31