x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2024-04-24 4:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Bought a Nokia 9300 and am curious if anyone here has any tips to make it usable in 2024? I've used a lot of Symbian devices throughout the years, but not recently. I did use a Nokia 9500 a couple of years ago but only to make and receive calls and messages and have not looked much further into it.

Top of the page Quote Reply
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-04-24 9:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've bought one of those last Monday!, it's so little... Of course you can do things, but far less than with an LX 360 ( for example) .

One thing that a 9300 is better than HP Palmtops is in what games and apps is about:there are plenty, many of them for free. The sync problem persist with new computers, overall if you buy it without the Nokia suite CD, but...

I'm still gathering programs, because it came with very few of them, and it's word processor sucks. I'll write a review soon, btw

Edited by ABBADON 2024-04-24 9:44 PM
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2024-04-25 1:30 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Great, thanks! I've got one from before but it looks like it's been through a nuclear attack so bought this one as it looks so clean. Mind sharing where you find apps at? I'm primarily looking to keep notes, maybe passwords and things like that. Wish there was a way to connect it to a modern smartphone and use the 9300 as an extension of that!

I'd drop my primary phone if I could use Telegram on the 9300!
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-04-25 5:25 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2024-04-25 4:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thanks, I appreciate it!
FBustamante Page Icon Posted 2024-04-25 8:43 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I hope you write down your impressions because I'm tempted by the thing and it's quite accessible in these parts.

Thank you.
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-04-25 9:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm on it
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2024-04-26 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I really miss my old Nokia E7, but the problem with that is that Nokia was trying to tie their services up with their own servers which make the E7 impossible to use. That and outdated security certificates galore! There's some work-arounds to this but it's really hit and miss if you want to install apps. The only thing you can use it for now-a-days is texting and calling and taking pictures.

That's why I enjoy the E90, 9300 / 9500 and even earlier models. These were more "stand alone" devices and didn't really rely on external sources.

I did find a "revival" of sorts, a custom ROM for the E7 which I do intend on giving a try sometime down the road. But I enjoy the clamshell designs of the old Communicators more than the slide out keyboard the E7 has.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10