x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE: WORKING USB Mass Storage Driver for ARM HPC2K and Possibly MP890

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-22 11:11 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2005-10-22 3:19 PM

Btw, you said earlier that MP900 also suffered the same Rom corruption problem. Any details? Again, unacceptable for this once and possibly still high-end machine.

it wasn't like the celux HC300 where you lose all the ROM and the device will not even boot..
mine booted and worked fine for the most part, except the corrupted parts: two common controls (or more like one and a half ).. some built in and third party apps were affected by it to the extent of unusability (i mean these apps here, the MP900 was still usable). mine was not the only case (i heard of two or three others) so i agree it should be unacceptable. i hope it won't happen again to anyone.
anyway.. it is still a high-end machine!
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-10-25 6:18 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2005-10-22 11:11 PM

iamjoe - 2005-10-22 3:19 PM

Btw, you said earlier that MP900 also suffered the same Rom corruption problem. Any details? Again, unacceptable for this once and possibly still high-end machine.

it wasn't like the celux HC300 where you lose all the ROM and the device will not even boot..
mine booted and worked fine for the most part, except the corrupted parts: two common controls (or more like one and a half ).. some built in and third party apps were affected by it to the extent of unusability (i mean these apps here, the MP900 was still usable). mine was not the only case (i heard of two or three others) so i agree it should be unacceptable. i hope it won't happen again to anyone.
anyway.. it is still a high-end machine!

For me, the marketing of NEC SAM is kinda strange. Since the tech Dept decided to deploy a full-sized USB host port on MP900, why not integrate the USB Clik driver into the sales package?

U know, NEC JP owns this Clik driver and the first version appeared as early as 1999. It had long been tested by Asian HPC buffs to be effective and easy to setup. Why not add this driver to MP900 so that it can connect to convenient USB memories in addition to mice or keyboards?

I am not over-emphasizing the uses of USB port. My point is getting the most out of something you already have. Why not put this USB port to better use when NEC had all the technical know-how?

Maybe NEC SAM has its difficulties too. My guess: it probably has a copyright agreement with Iomega? This agreement may not allow NEC to redistribute this Clik driver outside JP.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 3:44 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I can confirm the Clik driver works perfectly on a MP880 (ce2.11). I only tested my 20gb USB jukebox as it's the most important usb device to me.

R/W speeds are acceptable, 100+ Kb/sec. Maybe I can tune the registry for a bit more speed.

Anyone care to try the Clik drivers with a gender bender on the end of their J720 sync cable? You never know.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 10:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

does it work on the 880 if it is upgraded with the hpc2000 rom?
or do the deje drivers work on it?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Dunno yet about the 880 with a hpc2k rom. I tried to remove my 790 rom but after removing the screws it didn't wanna budge, and I wasn't going to force it. Maybe I missed something.

As for the Deje drivers, they are ARM only, right? MIPS requires the Japanese dll pack. (I have no idea who to credit for them, but they're great.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-10-29 11:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2005-10-30 4:49 AM

Dunno yet about the 880 with a hpc2k rom. I tried to remove my 790 rom but after removing the screws it didn't wanna budge, and I wasn't going to force it. Maybe I missed something.

As for the Deje drivers, they are ARM only, right? MIPS requires the Japanese dll pack. (I have no idea who to credit for them, but they're great.)

um im confused now. what kind of drivers did you want to test on the 890 (aka 880 with hpc2k) in the past?
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.155 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8