x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-05 11:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh
thanks for the info!

hmmm what would it be like if it would be twice as fast as now? would it be still quite slow? how much time does it take when starting an app? after starting the app, can you still notice the slowness when using the program? if not, it shouldn't be so much of a problem for me..

thanks again.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-06 5:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

After loading the app, for me it was still too slow. Glitchy. I guess 2x as fast will give you no problem though. H/PC 2000 should give you more stability... It took maybe about 10 seconds 15sec. (i'm not sure)
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 9:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I've not been testing Java on my MP790 the past few days. Trying to install NetBSD ... but arrgghhh .. its just coredumping all the time. Maybe I should just forget abt installing NetBSD, but just use it as a simple FTP client via my wifi card!

Anyone need someone to help download files via FTP? I have the install boot running very well, autodetecting my cf wifi card and autoconfiguring it within 1min flat. FTP runs straight out of the box.

So let me know if anyone needs help downloading files via FTP. I can then put them up on my website and you can download it thru FTP later. hahaahahah sorry ... getting sarcastic after getting too much coredumps!!

back on thread:

So the java browser thingie works? Or does Javascipt or applet work already? Albeit slowly? Slowly is still ok. Just better than not.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-07 8:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks

hmmm if stability is an issue too i'm not really sure.. ok, i'll still try it. are there some documentation about the suitable commands? hope so..
 Top of the page
dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-11 4:25 AM
#
I also got interested in running some of .jar files ont my Jornada720, so it was time for me to find this toppic I'll try out some of the listed VM-s, and mybe one of them will suite my needs. At least I hope so.
 Top of the page
dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-11 6:44 AM
#
So... We nedd the .class files too... aren't they packed inside the .jar file itself? But the VM-s I tried EWE, and PersonalJava couldn'tt find them I guess, as i got the error message: Cannot find Class ""
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-11 11:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hello!

well to teach you a little lesson about java.. it's not the way it was meant to be. there are too many specifications and they're not really compatible with each other. if you're lucky, yes, if not then no.

send me the jar file, i'd like to look at it
(isn't it lemmings by any chance? that needs another kind of jvm, not the ones you've tried)
 Top of the page
dt451
dt451 Page Icon Posted 2005-09-12 4:01 AM
#
Hi cmonex!
Nos it wasn't that Lemmings game, but it was another phone optimized game for Nokia phones. I see, java didn't turn out the way it should have. It supposed to be a platform increasing compatibility... So much for that. Ill send you that .jar, as soon as I can. Maybe we could work out something.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-09-12 9:39 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

IC

of course, just send it to me
 Top of the page
val48 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 1:55 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey all -those in need of java should check out this---http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/fittond/ppcjava.html--here they have different versions---Enjoy!!

val
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10