x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

rebuild an Intermec 6651 batterie

1 2
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2006-08-02 2:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

A while ago my Intermec 6651 has died, and in this topic I realized that he batterie was broken. After a long time looking on ebay I opened here this topic to get one. In that topic I decided to rebuild the batterie. Only one thing:
cmonex - 2006-08-01 6:06 PM

you can order 2400 mAh's. but there's a side effect, the intermec will not be able to tell you the charge level. i found out this only now. no one ever mentioned this before
maybe with 1800 mAh's it would still tell you the charge level, maybe not.

Has anyone expirience with this, is this always true, even if I use 2000 mAh cells?(can't find 1800 mAh cells, only >2000)

And if it's true, is there a way I can find out when the 6651 must be charged? Or does it suspends witout any warning when the batterie is low?
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2006-08-04 3:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

nobody???
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-04 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

to find out when the battery is low..

i can think of two ways..
1) use a battery monitor which will give you how long the intermec's been running with the current charge
2) remove battery and measure voltage.. but the intermec's battery gives a quite complicated readout, so maybe not...
 Top of the page
e-certik
e-certik Page Icon Posted 2006-08-13 4:09 PM
#
Hi, I replace the battery 2times. In first I fully charged new battery(not in battery pack, outside) disconnect old battery from battery pack and wait cca 30 minutes. when i solder new battery to battery pack and push on intermec, i think, battery level is 100%, but very fast discharge to 7% (chip remember capacity old bad battery). When i not power off intermec (if baterry status window is open, then intermec not shutdown automatically after x minutes when running on battery ;-) ) then intermec running several hours to shutdown (fully discharge baterry) then I make full charge baterry in intermec and 2 full discharge and full charge cycles. Then chip "learn" new battery pack capacity and work great. But if I change baterry several months later, baterry pack charge level is "?" and baterry status is "very good" :-(

Sorry for my bad english ;-)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-14 12:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the information e-certik!

why did you change the battery again?
 Top of the page
e-certik
e-certik Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 1:43 PM
#
If I firs time change the baterry, i use my old baterry from broken notebook, this is not goot but much better than intermec baterry :-) and when i not use my intermec six monts, the baterry is fully discharged and not workink. Then i change baterry second time. But baterry level is unknown now :-/ (i use 1800mAh baterry)
When i test it in netBSD (on my intermec) baterry level is 0% or 127% nothing else. baterry run time 0minutes. But Intermec running on baterry normally. But when baterry pack is fully discharged ( intermec writes me "fully charged" then intermec shutdown...

Any idea for working baterry level measure again? pls?

sorry for my english ;-)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-16 3:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh i see you should've been more careful with the battery
so, it won't help if you do a few full charge-discharge cycles now?
you can't even easily measure the voltage on the terminals, at least i've not been able to figure out the readings.. otherwise it wouldn't be a very bad idea, just uncomfortable, removing battery & measuring terminals on it to calculate approx charge level
 Top of the page
e-certik
e-certik Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 7:51 AM
#
My baterry pack still not indicating charge in %.
I learn about smartbaterry (aku with chip) and i think, my chip write "general failure" to its register, and this is the problem. chip store info on EEPROM :-( In this memory is various information about baterry. Eg. number of charge cycles, capacity of new akublock in mAh or in mWh, real capacity in cels and much more. I think, change old cells 1800mAh with new 2400mAh is not working good, because chip remember, that capacity new aku is 1800mAh. (capacity stored in EEPROM before change cells is much lower) When chip charge and charge and charge wery energy to cells eg. 2000mAh then chip says: I have problem, i store much energy to cells, and cells is not fully charge, cells is damaged, i not work with this, is it not safe. And store "Bad cells" into EEPROM.

Change 1800mAh cells with 2000+mAh is possible, byt You must edit EEPROM in the acublock and write true information about cells. Is good idea change "charge cycles" to 0 and date (how old is cels) to 0.

I try decoding informations stored in Intermec acublock and edit this :-)

And I have second idea: Intermec has 32 MB SDRAM, but i think, the RAM can upgraded to 64MB I test it long time ago, but i have bad soldering paste, and my intermec working not good. I had unsolder added chips and clear mainboard.
If anybody has broken Intermec (or any telios HC VJxx AJxx - is the same design) please can send me this broken unit for test upgrade? If upgrade will working, i say you how make it ;-)

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 9:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

very interesting information. please let us know if you achieved anything with the battery or with the memory upgrade!
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 10:17 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've orderd the exact same cells which are in the battery, the original cell is panasonic cgr 18650 hg, and I ordered exact the same on ebay (gernan seller, also speak english)

these cells
 Top of the page
e-certik
e-certik Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 4:03 PM
#
Hi, I read my eeprom, but I think it has bad data. When i reading Smartchip via SMBUS, i returned 00s. Manufacturer - 0 serial number - 0 designed capacity - 0 average capacity - 0...
When I read only EEPROM chip, i look on data in binary and hex viewer, but first half is any data (no text manufacturer, datecode... nothing readable) and second half is filled FFs :-(
I have not memory map for this acublock, because it contains no classical smartchip, but microprocessor, programmed as smartchip.

Can anybody send me eeprom dump from working baterry? Please? My email is e-certik (a) seznam.cz

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-17 6:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi e-certik, if you tell me how to read the eeprom i will try it.
 Top of the page
e-certik
e-certik Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 2:40 AM
#
cmonex - 2006-08-17 6:16 PM

hi e-certik, if you tell me how to read the eeprom i will try it.

You need any I2C interface (it is wery wery easy, cost is cca 1Euro) and any free program for reading eeprom chips eg. ponyprog...
On this page: www.lancos.com/prog.html is download link for program, and on bottom end page is schematics for easy interface too ;-)

I can send You photo of uncover acupack with located eeprom chip and marked pins for read eeprom. Is 4 pins. GND, +5V, SDA, SCL.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 5:26 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hi, thanks for the info! can you send pic to contactchan (at) freemail.hu ?
 Top of the page
e-certik
e-certik Page Icon Posted 2006-08-18 2:59 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-08-18 5:26 AM

hi, thanks for the info! can you send pic to contactchan (at) freemail.hu ?

I send You pictures and description on e-mail :-)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9