x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jornada 680E

« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next »
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 12:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There are a number of applications that can software soft reset the device. j7xx Util for example.

Windows CE cannot LAN browser through the serial cable, it lost the ability when CE Service was finalised. What is you LAN card, did you check the HCL for drivers?

Existing thread on SCSI:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=553&start=1

The device is not CE3, it is CE2.11. There are no USB facilities for it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 1:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

about resetting: try taking the main battery off the unit (GOOD backup battery is needed!!), and back, while the unit is powered ON. it causes my 720 to soft reset.

a software for resetting is not always sufficient for example if your hpc won't respond at all...

Edited by cmonex 2005-04-05 1:48 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 11:21 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

KingoftheRogues - 2005-04-02 12:15 AM

Thx for the tips cmonex!

Sadly, I have read thru the forums. Twice. I'm just not savvy enought to interpret much of the lingo.

such as... the SP1? I was referring to a version of IE that came on one of the CD's. What is SP1? ::make notes to self to review this shtuffage once again!!!:: thx fer the tip!

But I'm hoping to learn!

I managed to hunt down the Torx & phillps screwdrivers and Backup battery tonight! Tommorrow I'll hunt down activesync 3.8!!! Thx again for the tip! Then I'll order the audio buttons. Soon... I VILL HAVE UN VERKENG 680e ZAT VILL ALLUW ME TU TAKE OVER ZE VERLD!!! MUAHAHAAAA!!

I need sleep...

Thx again!

chow!

Clint

Helpful acronyms http://www.geocities.com/ikind_babel/babel/babel.html
 Top of the page
Tomb Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 5:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

OK. This has been most useful. So ...

Today I got my TigerDirect unit. Standard stuff all as expected except no ActiveSync disk. No problem. I downloaded 3.8 from MS and that works. Problem is with upgrade to SP1.

I went to HP and downloaded it and it looks like it was being installed BUT after 2 resets there is still no evidence that it has been installed. It still shows 2.11 and Windows CE Professional 3.0.

Any guidence is appreciated. Forum searches haven't helped.

Thanks.

Edited by Tomb 2005-04-06 5:47 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 8:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Tomb,

Unlike mainstream Windows, with CE the "About box" version number is not incrimented to reflect the SP installation.
If you see the bits in 'Remove Programs' in then Control Panel then you are installed up.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 9:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just found a $109 USD refirb 680e:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/justdeals/hp.html

EDIT: Their eBay store, same ones going in the $90's. One for $91 in 7 min!
http://stores.ebay.com/JustDEALS-Inc_PDA-Handheld-Computer_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-04-06 7:08 PM

Just found a $109 USD refirb 680e:
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/justdeals/hp.html

EDIT: Their eBay store, same ones going in the $90's. One for $91 in 7 min!
http://stores.ebay.com/JustDEALS-Inc_PDA-Handheld-Computer_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Why must all the good deals come right after you got the same item at a slightly higher price!

but still ... I'm rather happy with my 680e! ...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 8:16 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

At that price I want one too... but it'll cost a £Squillion to get it here.

May be Clint will buy me one for Christmas (I've been very good this year (Shocking I know) )
 Top of the page
altered7th
altered7th Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 1:59 AM
#
I just came across this page browsing. I am amazed that people are still after these things. I've had mine in a ziploc bag in a box for 3 years. Anyone want to buy? Make me an offer via email...

nathanp (at) u (dot) washington (dot) edu
 Top of the page
altered7th
altered7th Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 2:00 AM
#
I just came across this page browsing. I am amazed that people are still after these things. I've had mine in a ziploc bag in a box for 3 years. Anyone want to buy? Make me an offer via email...

nathanp (at) u (dot) washington (dot) edu
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 8:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Altered 7th, there is an area on this forum for making sales and trades etc. Please make use of the facilities and help keep us on-topic.
 Top of the page
KingoftheRogues Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 8:38 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2005-04-07 8:16 PM

At that price I want one too... but it'll cost a £Squillion to get it here.

May be Clint will buy me one for Christmas (I've been very good this year (Shocking I know) )

Heh... Ummm... Sure C-man!

Now.. if you were a hot chickie, that wouldn't be a problem... However... /shrug

heh...

BTW: I'm STILL trying to figure out how to best setup my 680e. My summary letter is coming along nicely. Hopefully I'll be able to have it ready for review next week.

Clint
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 9:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

How do you know that I'm not
 Top of the page
Tomb Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 4:48 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Back again with another question after searching the forum provided 'no joy!'

My 680e keeps coming back on even with the cover closed. Any ideas why? I've turned off all power settings that I can find. (damn it just did it again). I'll never got through a 2-day trip without getting seriously plugged in.

FWIW, my new ORiNOCO wireless Gold Card works great, though for some reason the images coming from the cache seem to get messed up. That'll take some tinkering.

Overall, a very satisfied user.

TIA!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 10:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Tomb - 2005-04-08 2:48 PM

Back again with another question after searching the forum provided 'no joy!'

My 680e keeps coming back on even with the cover closed. Any ideas why? I've turned off all power settings that I can find. (damn it just did it again). I'll never got through a 2-day trip without getting seriously plugged in.

FWIW, my new ORiNOCO wireless Gold Card works great, though for some reason the images coming from the cache seem to get messed up. That'll take some tinkering.

Overall, a very satisfied user.

TIA!

I do remember that there were some folks whose units kept waking up at midnight due to their wifi card preventing the unit from returning to sleep.

You may want to try removing your wifi card before going to sleep and see if that is the case ...
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 11