x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jornada 680E

matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-24 7:41 PM
#
H/PC Elite

i think that flaw is the reason why "Automatically power on when cover opens" is disabled and won't do nothing in later models.

BTW the switch was removed from the j7xx series. i think because of all its flaws

Edited by matrixcore 2005-04-24 7:53 PM
 Top of the page
Niteman1969 Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 7:07 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi Guys,
I just found myself a Jornada 680 (not e) in a local car boot sale
on Sunday and haggled the guy down to £35 for it. It came with the docking cradle 1 stylus - 1 charger and not much else. The battery charges fine and
lasts forever. The screen has a few scratches but works well.

I managed to pick up a 256mb Crucial Memory CF Card for £15 today and
my £24.99 orinoco gold card should be here from ebay.co.uk in a couple
of days.

So all in all £74.99 well spent.

I've found this thread very informative and interesting.

Just a quick question I noticed earlier on in the the thread that somone said
They picked up 19 hotspots while wardriving.

What Sniffer / Stumbler program did you use? As Ministumbler says it only
works on HPC2000 machines - or is there some hack to get it working on a 680?

Regards

Niteman1969
 Top of the page
Tommyg
Tommyg Page Icon Posted 2005-05-07 3:48 PM
#
Hey Guys
Firstly Great forum! Great source of info.anyway down to business. I got my 680e a couple of days ago and its one of the refurbished dutch ones (how many of theose bloody units are there!!) and obv there are no audio buttons. However, when i start the mic app it says theres an error when i try to record. also, the sound has been completedly disabelled! Wots goin on? anyway of a fix? If i try to crank up the volume and click "ok" the volume stays down. My friend purchased a similar 680e (another dutch one) and the sound a mic works fine!?
Thanks in advance
Tom
 Top of the page
Tommyg
Tommyg Page Icon Posted 2005-05-07 3:49 PM
#
Hey Guys
Firstly Great forum! Great source of info.anyway down to business. I got my 680e a couple of days ago and its one of the refurbished dutch ones (how many of theose bloody units are there!!) and obv there are no audio buttons. However, when i start the mic app it says theres an error when i try to record. also, the sound has been completedly disabelled! Wots goin on? anyway of a fix? If i try to crank up the volume and click "ok" the volume stays down. My friend purchased a similar 680e (another dutch one) and the sound a mic works fine!?
Thanks in advance
Tom
 Top of the page
MikeB2204 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 9:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I'm going to post in this thread because I've been reading a few of the elders don't appreciate the extra threads being opened. If I don't get a response from this one I'll post a new thread asking the same questions...

I just bought a J680e and while I've been waiting for it to get here (Monday), I've been reading everything I can get my hands on about this unit and I'm praying I don't get one of these rail models...

But I have a few questions that haven't been answered, or that I can find an answer to.

1: Can I add a dial up modem? If so, which one works good and are known to work?

2: The on board 16MBs ram, can that be upgraded and to how much?

3: The CF slot, what's the max amount of CF memory that can be stuck in there? I'm assuming this is for extra storage and if this is the case and there isn't a max I'll get a few 1 gig modules to take with me on vacation and use my J680e to dump pictures to. (Which will bring me to my final question.)

4: Which PCMCIA CF card readers are known to work? If any... So it can be used as a dumper.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

1.- yes, search the hcl for compatible models, i recommend 3com 3CXM556, because works well and doesn't need dongle, it has XJack connector
2.- yes, to 32 mb via a HP propietary daughterboard (I've got one of these to sell. if interested, PM me)
3.- As much as you wish, but you should not use anything large than 2gig because of battery issues (bigger cards draw more power)
4.- most in the market will do it (i've simpletech, sandisk, and socketcom ones working fine). incompatibility is the exception, not the rule in CF readers

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
MikeB2204 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-15 1:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ahh yes, this does help. Thank you very much.
 Top of the page
bogs
bogs Page Icon Posted 2005-06-15 10:38 PM
#
Hi, I just got a 680e and it is good and I like the wide screen compare to palm pilot. I just have a question regarding the graphics. When I open a jpg picture, it looks like the 256 colors in my PC. I already installed the DDI.DLL patch. I saw the picture in sony palm clie and it was good. If this is the best display I can get with this 680e, how is the display of picture compared with the jornada 720. Does it comes close to the sony clie display?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Elder

bogs - 2005-06-15 8:38 PM

Hi, I just got a 680e and it is good and I like the wide screen compare to palm pilot. I just have a question regarding the graphics. When I open a jpg picture, it looks like the 256 colors in my PC. I already installed the DDI.DLL patch. I saw the picture in sony palm clie and it was good. If this is the best display I can get with this 680e, how is the display of picture compared with the jornada 720. Does it comes close to the sony clie display?

Thanks.

Chances are you opened it up in PIE or something. If you use a picture browser/viewer, you should get it in its full 65k color glory!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:38 AM
#
H/PC Elder

--DELETED-- Double post!

Edited by Snappy! 2005-06-16 9:46 AM
 Top of the page
bogs
bogs Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:44 PM
#
Thanks for the reply. You are right I was using the PIE. I downloaded Image Control, Picture Viewer, Picture Perfect, ACDC. I installed them and none actually is running. I'm getting error that it is looking for some file. I tried to install in default dir, even in CF storage card but still no luck. Is there something wrong with my 680e or can you recommend viewer that works.
 Top of the page
bogs
bogs Page Icon Posted 2005-06-16 9:44 PM
#
Thanks for the reply. You are right I was using the PIE. I downloaded Image Control, Picture Viewer, Picture Perfect, ACDC. I installed them and none actually is running. I'm getting error that it is looking for some file. I tried to install in default dir, even in CF storage card but still no luck. Is there something wrong with my 680e or can you recommend viewer that works.
 Top of the page
Kurt
Kurt Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 10:09 AM
#
You can get a set of jewelers' screwdrivers including a 6T torx bit at Radio Shack for about $14.00 But be careful taking the false bottom off. The screws are all different lengths, and you have to clip them all to just the right size so you don't push up the keyboard. Somehow, while I was reassembling my 680e I fritzed the keyboard and it no longer works. So now my Jornada 680e Dutch Railroad version is basically "kaput".
 Top of the page
AttenDaith
AttenDaith Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 8:51 PM
#
I am trying to integrate the J680e with a 3com 3ccem556b. I am new to the J680e and don't have a clue where to start. Some of the previous postings give me some hope that it is possible. Can anyone help me get started? Thanks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 9:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK. we really need some sort of sticky on the forums. or wouldn't that help at all?
people wouldn't still be reading them.

oh well..

1) you install programs that are designed for the hpc pro (or windows ce 2.11) operating system AND for SH3 cpu. programs for hpc2000 or pocket pc won't work.
have a look here: http://www.tefs.de/jornada/software_en.html
lots of 680 software

2) if you want to use a network card you need drivers. not every model has drivers for the 680.. go to the HCL to find out if yours has. if you don't know what the HCL is, search for it on the forums
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 12