x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Questions about Jornada 680E

« Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next »
AttenDaith
AttenDaith Page Icon Posted 2005-06-25 2:13 PM
#
Sorry - I should have been more clear but it was late. I have read through the forum and could find nothing for my card. I have been having some trouble finding some of the tools referenced in the forum for modifying the eprom in the 3com products. Is it worth my while trying to make my 3ccem556b work, or should I bag it and try and find one of the other cards to work with. Sorry for the trouble...
 Top of the page
jbolte Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 9:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Do you still have the 32 mb via a HP propietary daughterboard for sale? How much?

Thanks,
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, no problem really your question just sounded like you didn't try searching for the answer. have you tried looking in the HCL? http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl
problem is that there're a lot of variations of the 3com cards (btw is it an ethernet card, isn't it?).. maybe you can try posting in the 3com topic (there's one on the forum)
 Top of the page
VMan
VMan Page Icon Posted 2005-07-03 4:30 PM
#
I too bought one of the tiger direct 680e units.
while searching for information on setting up my DLink DFE-670TXD 10/100 card i stumbled onto this site.
very informative and helpful.
I am a little dissappointed in tiger for the incorrect information displayed in the ad but ehhh just have to work around it.
for the most part tiger is a pretty good company and i have been ordering from them for years... however they do tend to screw up orders from time to time...
ads on their products REQUIRE MUCH NEEDED research before ordering lol.
For the most part their technical savy is around the same quality and a parts pusher.... but what the heck i like the 680e and i am getting more familiar with it.
 Top of the page
Boomer
Boomer Page Icon Posted 2005-07-14 6:45 PM
#
What is a good size for packground pictures? I have some great SI swimsuit shots but everytime I adjust the size I still get a picture that's off center. Tyra on the Jornada-that's a PDA!

Thanx!
 Top of the page
Minimicrite Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

In case anyone is looking to buy a 680e from TigerDirect, I figured I'd throw in my experience thus far.

I ordered a 680e and a CF card from TD primarily because somewhere on their site, I saw that they promised same-day shipping. I ordered both on Friday July 22. The card said "Shipped" on the order status page Saturday morning, but UPS said that they only had gotten shipping information. It didn't ship until late Monday. No problems, fine with me.

The Jornada went to "Backordered" on the order status page, even though it said "In Stock" on the product page. I called Saturday night and was told they were having computer problems in the warehouse, they had plenty, and it would ship Monday. By Sunday, the order status changed to "Processing". Monday came and went, no shipment. I called on Wednesday July 27 to inquire about the status, and was again told that they were having problems in their warehouse, and it should ship by Friday.

I'm not passing judgement, I just wanted to make others aware that they may be waiting indefinitely while they sort out warehouse problems.

As far as other options, there was/is a StoreFront over at Pricegrabber selling them for $5 more than TD ($104).
 Top of the page
shumacher Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 8:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Right now it's the evening of Sunday the 31st. Minimicrite, has your 680e shipped? I'm on TigerDirect.com right now,and have been much of the day, building an order, which will include either a HP Jornada 680e or a NEC Mobile Pro 780, as soon as I decide which would better replace my disappointingly sub-portable Sony VAIO Picturebook PCG-C1VN. I'm concerned that TD is having a hard time fufilling shipments.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 9:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh what was the problem with the sony C1? i'm curious!

if you want an extremely portable device, go for the 680e the 780 is not much smaller than the C1.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what was this internal server error...

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-31 9:33 PM
 Top of the page
shumacher Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, the biggest issue was that, for some reason, I couldn't get the machine to support any of the wireless cards I threw at it. Thanks to the easy return policies of local retailers, I've tried about half a dozen. When you start lugging a USB network adapter, you've started to defeat the purpose. On top of that, there's no USB based connection card for Sprint. It was too big to fit in most jacket pockets, and I was somewhat afraid of it... It's quite a bit more fragile and expensive than the Casio A-11 I used to have! It's surprisingly slow. I never managed to get the standby function to work - it would standby and wake fine, except that it just couldn't restore the display (internal or external) from standby. The touchpoint - a control I loved years ago on my boss's (Dell?) 486 - was tiring to use. Windows ME was pretty bad. It won't boot off anything but the PCMCIA CD-ROM (which I don't have), the internal hard drive, or the USB floppy. There are just too many little problems and annoyances. I almost wonder about my logic board, I've had so many issues. I might just try putting Gentoo on it tomorrow, just to see what happens.
If cost were no issue, I'd either find a way of making things right, or just get that sweet Toshiba Libretto I saw at CompUSA last week.

In short, the C1 is "carry to site, use, carry to next site." I want "use on way to site, use at site, use on way to next site..." I want to spend more time using the device on the task I wish to complete, and less time trying to convince the device that I have, in fact, plugged in the cell phone, and that no, it is not in use by another application.

Not that I'm bitter...

I'm thinking most about the 680e, but the internal modem, 32MB memory and more conventional CF slot are calling me to the 780.
 Top of the page
shumacher Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 12:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Minimicrite - 2005-07-28 9:31 AM

In case anyone is looking to buy a 680e from TigerDirect, I figured I'd throw in my experience thus far.

I ordered a 680e and a CF card from TD primarily because somewhere on their site, I saw that they promised same-day shipping. I ordered both on Friday July 22. The card said "Shipped" on the order status page Saturday morning, but UPS said that they only had gotten shipping information. It didn't ship until late Monday. No problems, fine with me.

The Jornada went to "Backordered" on the order status page, even though it said "In Stock" on the product page. I called Saturday night and was told they were having computer problems in the warehouse, they had plenty, and it would ship Monday. By Sunday, the order status changed to "Processing". Monday came and went, no shipment. I called on Wednesday July 27 to inquire about the status, and was again told that they were having problems in their warehouse, and it should ship by Friday.

I'm not passing judgement, I just wanted to make others aware that they may be waiting indefinitely while they sort out warehouse problems.

As far as other options, there was/is a StoreFront over at Pricegrabber selling them for $5 more than TD ($104).

Well, I decided to throw caution to the wind. I just ordered the 680e from Tiger Direct. I wanted to post the disclaimer from their site:
tigerdirect.com
SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT SHIPPING TIME: Our TigerDirect.com Mega Warehouse is undergoing the final stage of a high tech upgrade to provide even faster more reliable shipping to our customers. During this final stage, your order will be delayed for approximately 24 to 48 hours. Be assured that our staff is working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get your order delivered as fast as possible. As always, we will keep you informed of the status of your order. Upon shipment of your order we will send you an email confirmation. Of course, you can check the status of your order 24 hours a day at TigerDirect.com.
 Top of the page
Minimicrite Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 12:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

shumacher:

No, still haven't received the J680e as of Aug 1. Yeah, I saw that note about shipping delays, but it didn't appear until after I ordered, and it has been much longer than 48 hours.

I did receive an email on Saturday that said it had been shipped, and gave me the same tracking number as the CF card (FIVE times!), which, obviously, did no good. I checked the status online, and the tracking number was listed as "1Z". Missing some digits, eh?

I receieved another email this morning saying that it had been seven, count 'em, seven, days since my entire order had shipped, and I should have received everything by now.

To further complicate things, my order has completely vanished from my account. I manually input the order number, and I get a blank tracking page with no info what-so-ever.

I'll give them a call later today, and see what's up.
 Top of the page
shumacher Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Minimicrite - 2005-08-01 11:15 AM

shumacher:

No, still haven't received the J680e as of Aug 1. Yeah, I saw that note about shipping delays, but it didn't appear until after I ordered, and it has been much longer than 48 hours.

I did receive an email on Saturday that said it had been shipped, and gave me the same tracking number as the CF card (FIVE times!), which, obviously, did no good. I checked the status online, and the tracking number was listed as "1Z". Missing some digits, eh?

I receieved another email this morning saying that it had been seven, count 'em, seven, days since my entire order had shipped, and I should have received everything by now.

To further complicate things, my order has completely vanished from my account. I manually input the order number, and I get a blank tracking page with no info what-so-ever.

I'll give them a call later today, and see what's up.

That's terrible. I hope you get everything resolved with tiger. I just placed my first order with them, but I've heard mostly good things about their fufillment. In dealing with businesses that don't offer great service, I've had luck with planetfeedback.com and the BBB.

I'd dying to hear how this turns out!
 Top of the page
Minimicrite Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

shumacher - 2005-08-01 1:43 PM

That's terrible. I hope you get everything resolved with tiger. I just placed my first order with them, but I've heard mostly good things about their fufillment. In dealing with businesses that don't offer great service, I've had luck with planetfeedback.com and the BBB.

Just checked out their feedback on resellerratings. I looked at the first couple of pages of feedback, and they seem to have a history of either not shipping in-stock items, or advertising backordered items as in-stock.

Sorry to the mods if this is getting too far off-topic.
 Top of the page
Minimicrite Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 10:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

shumacher - 2005-08-01 1:43 PM

It arrived yesterday (Tues, Aug 2). Unlike other people here, mine certainly isn't in "new" or "nearly new" condition. The top has a few scratches, it looks like someone has tried to pull the "HP" and "680e" badges under the screen off, and the screen is dark in the corners (I hope the backlight bulb lasts!). But it is in FAR better shape than the 620lx I bought used. All of the accessories appear to be new.

Oh, and just like everyone else-the backup battery is toast.
 Top of the page
« Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.226 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11