x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Poll: What is a WM2003 compatibility layer worth to you?

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Poll: What is a WM2003 compatibility layer worth to you?
OptionResults
I would not use it
I would use it if it were free
I would pay up to $5
I would pay up to $10
I would pay up to $15
I would pay up to $20
I would pay more than $20

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 9:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

dakittenf8 - 2006-10-25 3:37 AM

Some things I can't stand to see anymore. Everybody always wants somethings for nothing. If this is something that will allow me to get the most use out of this device so be it, I'll pay what ever. If some people quit pressing bricks all day and get a real job, they can afford to live a better life. And although cmonex does snob me, and doesn't give me any prop's you guys do a great job. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

you are crazy? where did i "snob" you?? i was trying to help, i did feel sorry for your having problems after looking up all your posts, and did try to answer your questions to the best of my ability, asked more questions simply to be able to help even more! and you never told me if the answer wasn't satisfactory, instead you are trying to stab me in the back here in a completely unrelated thread! great job.

edit: made it a little more polite.

Edited by cmonex 2006-10-24 9:58 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 9:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

if someone doesnt understand... go see this http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6447&posts=11 also search for his or her posts that she or he has made on the forum. my bad, really should have warned them that they were posting in the wrong places anyway.
such cases really don't make my day too good - but this is so offtopic here. sorry.
 Top of the page
pinkk Page Icon Posted 2006-10-24 11:57 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I would pay for this if I knew it enabled the use of a greater range of software than is currently available for the HPC.
Why all the qubiling about cost of the software, why not let the market set the price. If it tested and works well it will sell itself.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-10-25 1:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-10-24 6:52 PM

if someone doesnt understand... go see this http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=6447&posts=11 also search for his or her posts that she or he has made on the forum. my bad, really should have warned them that they were posting in the wrong places anyway.
such cases really don't make my day too good - but this is so offtopic here. sorry.

I'm not sure what dakittenf8's beef is either. Her posts did strike me as rather impatient. But that's just my point of view.
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-04 8:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yeah it was rude, What if someone doesn't have 20 dollars? and cmonex, why did you say sorry? to who??
CE Geek - 2006-10-25 1:50 AM

cmonex - 2006-10-24 6:52 PM

I'm not sure what dakittenf8's beef is either. Her posts did strike me as rather impatient. But that's just my point of view.
 Top of the page
tdf Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 1:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Share it... for free... i bet that lot of people will donate
 Top of the page
macmee Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 6:25 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

tdf - 2006-11-05 1:09 AM

Share it... for free... i bet that lot of people will donate

Yeah! I know I would donate what about anyone else?
 Top of the page
stasheck Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 9:00 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Read my previous posts, of course I would donate.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-11-05 10:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok after a few posts the curiosity has beaten me, so I have to ask: who donated how much for what and when?

Yeah sorry I'm more of a believer in history than in theory.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 7:46 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

takwu - 2006-11-05 10:45 PM

Ok after a few posts the curiosity has beaten me, so I have to ask: who donated how much for what and when?

Yeah sorry I'm more of a believer in history than in theory.

takwu

Why would anyone donate to something that doesn't exist?

It's been almost a month since the original post and I've seen no proof that this isn't just vaporware. I would be more than happy if the originator of the Poll would prove me wrong and make the software available for someone to test!
Otherwise, the only thing that is certain, is that some people are interested in a WM2003 compatibility layer...... whether it exists or ever will exist has yet to be seen.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 8:28 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I could be wrong, but in hpcdev, I believe isotherm said that he is still working on it..
72 votes now...
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Elite

takwu is right - if donating is truly voluntary, few people do so. Ask any open source project about that one. It's irrelevant anyway, since it won't be freely redistributable for the reasons I stated in the original post.

Work continues, and I see no reason to release an unfinished product simply to appease some people's curiosity. I will make a post when it's ready to buy.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-11-06 2:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

isotherm - 2006-11-06 11:06 AM
I will make a post when it's ready to buy.

I can't wait
 Top of the page
iforevans Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 11:13 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

As a developer myself I can tell you. Ask for donations and give your stuff away free .... you get NADA/ZIP

I DO still, however, occasionally make stuff available for free

GadgetApps.Net

and I can see by the amount of work he's done for this community in the past that isotherm does too.

I have to say, sometimes non developers have NO idea how much work goes into a project like this. You give up up your social life and anything but work for the duration of the project (I am assuming that isotherm like myself has a day job to pay the rent so work is done throughout the wee hours with your significant other scowling at you)

It's only fair given the amount of work, and the development is only a small part of it (the support that comes afterwards can also consume large parts of your life) to ask for something in return.

I for one would pay 20 bucks just to have a decent browser on my 728 and I'll give him free copies of all my software for life as well if he actually gets a WM2003 abstraction layer working.

Hats off for taking on this project mate! Good luck with it and anything I can do to help let me know.

My two pennies ....

Ifor (Sniper & GA PlayList Manager & GA Ringtone Manager Developer)

Edited by iforevans 2006-11-07 11:17 AM
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-11-07 11:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have to say, sometimes non developers have NO idea how much work goes into a project like this.

Disagree. I think non developers have no idea, and occasional dabblers have no clue either. There's a vast difference between printing "hello, world" and a complex bit of software.

Fully agree with your sentiments, and I'd love to be able to get a core team of developers organised through hpcfactor if remotely possible to set on this sort of thing
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.421 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 20