x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

novatel wireless - merlin G201

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-12-02 11:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

strangely this card isn't in the HCL even though it was mentioned in an old thread that it had been added - only the c201 is in there

anyway, here's how to get this working on a jornada 720 with hpc2000:

all i needed (i realized this only after a lot of trial and error though):

plug in card (it doesn't ask driver name so jornada recognized it),
create new connection in remote networking.
select the card from the modem list, then press configure button, tick manual dial, tick both terminal checkboxs ("before" and "after dialing" ), then exit configure options,
enter *99***1# as the phone number (if you have GPRS).
of course use G G G in dialing patterns.
then press connect, and it'll pop up a terminal window.

in the terminal, first command to enter:
ate1 (to turn on echo to see what you write)
then wait... (if the sim card has a PIN, then use at+cpin=pinnumber but i turned PIN off)
when the card led turns blinking green (from blinking or solid red and maybe you get +STC:0 from the card as well, maybe not), enter:
atd*99***1#
if it says ERROR, retry the command until it says CONNECT
then wait until 1 line of chars turn up, then use File/continue option from the terminal menu and let the jornada do the rest.

what was important was timing - twice! first when the card was checking for any pin codes, second when card was getting ready for the dial command.
CE just dialed too fast for this card before it got ready.

oh and i cannot specify APN with the at+cgdcont=x,"ip","apn" command, it just errors out in terminal or if i enter this in the extra strings in remote networking, it'll fail dialing. (no carrier or just gets disconnected)

Edited by cmonex 2006-12-02 11:58 PM
 Top of the page
Jornada User
Jornada User Page Icon Posted 2008-01-09 10:23 PM
#
Cmonex

I can't find the thread for Merlin C201. Do you have the settings for the Jornada 720 to run this card. Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-01-09 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

there was never a C201 thread. try the method that i described in first post in this thread.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.14 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8