x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Qmail and SSL on HPC Pro (g-mail!!)

Patch
Patch Page Icon Posted 2007-03-10 10:39 AM
#
I Dont know if this has ben solved before, but i've searched extensive posts for solutions and hadn't found one. BUt i was finally able to interpret the translation of Certificate Authority stores on the Qmail site http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://q3.snak.org/doc/RootCertificate.html&prev=/language_tools as translated by Google translate, and found the solution for accessing secure ssl pop sites, such as Google mail on a Mobile Pro 780.

Apparently, Qmail cannot access the certificate store on the HPC Pro system, and has developed is own private store, located in the Mail/Security directory. However, you need to import certificates to this store, they dont just download.

TO do this, export the certificates required from your desk top PC. For G-mail these are the equifax secure certificate authority and the Thawte Premium Server CA. collect as many of the certificates as you'll think you'll need and export them into a SINGLE file, named CA. It will be a PKCS#7 file with extension .p7b.

This will need to be converted to a .PEM type file. Using Openssl.exe (availible here: http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html ) convert the .p7b file to a PEM file with the file name CA.pem. (command line: openssl pkcs7 - inform DER - in CA.p7b - outform PEM - out CA.pem - print_certs ) THen copy this file to your Qmail/Mail/Security folder.

Thats it. Now set up the mail account according to your mail server requirements for POP3 mail using ssl. If you have additional servers, you may find you need to add more certificates, just be certain you add the ones you already have to keep them updated.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-03-11 3:17 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Out of curiousity: does Qmail include the SSL DLLs, or do you have to download them separately (eg, from OpenSSL.org)?

I'm using nPOPuk, which also supports SSL, but you have to download the DLLs separately, and they aren't easily available for HPC Pro. (I've only seen them for WCE 3.0 or later.)
 Top of the page
Patch
Patch Page Icon Posted 2007-03-30 6:13 PM
#
the SSL files are availible for CE 2.11 on the download page for Qmail. These are OpenSSL dlls and work flawlessly. I tried using them with nPop, but there is another dll file required that wontwork on 2.11
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-04-02 11:10 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Aha! There's no crypto in the npopssl.dll (just wrappers for the openssl code), so I'll compile that up real quick for CE211 and post it.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-04-03 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Patch - 2007-03-30 6:13 PM

the SSL files are availible for CE 2.11 on the download page for Qmail. These are OpenSSL dlls and work flawlessly. I tried using them with nPop, but there is another dll file required that wontwork on 2.11

Patch - could you please post the link for those SSL files? The pages I found for Qmail were all in Japanese, and I couldn't find any download links.

I've attached the "extra" DLLs (npopssl.dll) for the various WinCE211 platforms -- there's no crypto in them, just wrappers for the OpenSSL functions. Open up the zip file and pull out the one for your processor.

Edited by gjcoram 2007-04-03 1:09 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments npopssl_wce211.zip (12KB - 12 downloads)
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2007-04-04 5:11 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Top of the page
deichenlaub
deichenlaub Page Icon Posted 2007-04-27 9:11 PM
#
Um .. would somebody mind translating this into English???
 Top of the page
cfpmdrt
cfpmdrt Page Icon Posted 2007-05-12 5:05 PM
#
This maybe a little off topic/device, but I have a J728 and have tried to get Qmail to let me configure the SSL settings on the account screens. The screen which allows you to change settings is grayed out. I have download and the arm patch you have listed above in my security folder. Do you have any suggestions?
 Top of the page
cfpmdrt
cfpmdrt Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 4:20 PM
#
I have tried to do what you have suggested. I can't get the openssl program to work with your explanation. I have enclosed the CA files with the certificates you suggested.

Any more suggestions?

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ca1.p7b (0KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments CA.p7b (1KB - 6 downloads)
 Top of the page
Patch
Patch Page Icon Posted 2007-05-14 5:04 PM
#
 Top of the page
cfpmdrt
cfpmdrt Page Icon Posted 2007-05-16 7:53 AM
#
Thanks. I look forward to getting the files.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12