x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Prebuilt Jornada 7xx linux image

[Frozen]
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-04-22 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Unless he means for the userland. Its root and root ( as stated in the README )

Cheers.
 Top of the page
bvjones Page Icon Posted 2008-04-22 9:53 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Duuuhhhh
 Top of the page
hoggy
hoggy Page Icon Posted 2008-04-23 5:08 PM
#
Its on the startup part, when after it loads up all its files (the black background and white text)

[IMG]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6725/23042008001bv9.th.jpg[/IMG]

it says:

Jornix login: tty1
jornix Login:
jornix password:

i can type in the login one, but not the password one, and no matter what i do it just says "Login incorrect"

any ideas? Ive reinstalled 3 times already!
Thanks guys

Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-04-23 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well if the username of root and password of root dont work then it sounds like a permissions issue. Meaning you may have extracted the userland as a user rather than root user on your desktop/laptop. Do the installation again as 'root' and all will be well.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-08 2:50 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

hey i have a couple questions for this build i finally got around to asking...

1- will bluetooth work? i'm looking into something to keep me connected all the time since i have no wifi spots around the home...this is what i'm looking at (http://tinyurl.com/67y8zx)

2- if bluetooth isn't an option, what about ethernet.. i read somewhere there is some issues with pcmcia cards and ethernet on linux... this is what i'm looking at (http://tinyurl.com/6znyh7)

3- the super nintendo emulator always segmentation faults when i try it use it... it starts teh game then it just closes and nothing works... i have to hard reboot.
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-08 7:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The utilities to use bluetooth are in the userland, however i dont think bluetooth was enabled in any of the 2.4.x kernels build by Gernoth.

Ethernet works perfectly fine. Though there are known issues with certain 3com cards.

If you have the latest userland snes9x should work fine. I replaced the old snes9x with a new one and it worked with r-type when i tested it. That may have changed also after i made final changes to the userland.

If you are looking for more games and emulators try this link. Zear has built many games for this icewm image.
http://zear.shfx.pl/publiczne/jornada/index.php?dir=files/

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-09 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

i did some googling about.... and as for bluetooth, i think it may be in the kernel... i went to kernel.org and basically "word-find" bluetooth and it shows up in 2.4.33.5, and we ( your build) uses 2.4.35.2, no? so i suppose i can give it a shot... otherwise it will for sure work in 2.6.x kernel no?

the snesx, yeah i haven't tried it in ages just assumed i was the only one having issues if no one was mentioning it... but i'll check it out (i have every snes game ever made from a torrent)... will check out that site tho...

thanks for the responses.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-09 7:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Just installed RTFM's Prebuilt Jornada 7xx linux image on my 728 using an A-DATA 32GB CF card!!!

Works and looks great, RTFM!!!

Just a question or two please....

1) Is there any spreadsheet app available from the ipkg feed? Maybe I just missed it, but I didn't see any.....
if not, is there one available somewhere that would be safe to use?

2) Is there a way to get package to install if it complains about dependencies??
When I use debian on other devices, I can just do 'apt-get -f install' for example.

Thanks!

Mark
Happy 728 RTFM Prebuilt Jornada 7xx linux image user.....
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-09 8:54 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Qkall: I did do 1 tiny update (fixed j key not working and added a keymap that makes use of the fn keys). I know i said i last time that was it, but i couldnt let a broken keymap go unsolved. Also added bsd-games. If you'd be so kind as to update your mirror so everybody is using this last image. Thanks.

ArchiMark: There is gnumeric. Its quite big for 640x240 screen, but usable if you disable useless toolbars and/or drag the extra toolbars off the application. You can force install with ipkg by doing ' ipkg install appname -nodeps '. If the app still fails due to actual missing deps rather than just incorrect dep versions, then look for the console error msg, then install the missing dep package also. May also require -nodeps switch, or maybe something as little as creating a symlink to the possibly already existing dep and make symlink the required version.

Cheers.

Edited by RTFM 2008-05-09 8:56 PM
 Top of the page
Qkall Page Icon Posted 2008-05-10 1:58 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

rtfm- i think i will try out the bluetooth... seems like work but promising... bluez apparently is the way to go...

and

http://www.mimerape.org/j7xx-rootfs-2.4kernel-05-01-08.tar.bz2
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 6:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-09 5:54 PM
ArchiMark: There is gnumeric. Its quite big for 640x240 screen, but usable if you disable useless toolbars and/or drag the extra toolbars off the application. You can force install with ipkg by doing ' ipkg install appname -nodeps '. If the app still fails due to actual missing deps rather than just incorrect dep versions, then look for the console error msg, then install the missing dep package also. May also require -nodeps switch, or maybe something as little as creating a symlink to the possibly already existing dep and make symlink the required version.

Cheers.

Thanks for that info and suggestions, RTFM!!

Meanwhile, has anyone here used or know if the 3Com 3CRWE62092B (has pop-up antenna/on-off switch..) works with RTFM's image?
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 6:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

RTFM - 2008-05-09 5:54 PM

Cheers.

Thanks for that info and suggestions, RTFM!!

Meanwhile, has anyone here used or know if the 3Com 3CRWE62092B WiFi PC Card (has pop-out antenna/on-off switch..) works with RTFM's image?
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 8:23 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Sorry, for the duplicate post above...not sure how that happened....

3Com WiFi Card

I was wasn't clear in the recent post that I got one of those 3Com WiFi cards, thought it worked on 72x and Linux... according what I read....

Hope that was correct!

Meanwhile, I've tried to get this WiFi card working, but so far no go.....

Have tried following instructions in RTFM's readme file...but not getting anywhere so far....

I tried using the Network Applet and configuring WiFi from there....

One thing I noticed is that there's a tab titled 'bnep0' (what's that???) and the other is titled 'global', but no tab for 'eth0'.

Instructions say to 'choose eth0 as wireless device', where do I find it?

I decided to try using the 'bnep0' but it doesn't work.

In the meantime, I plugged my trusty ol' Linksys ethernet card in and it works great...recognized right away...

Just googled this card and it looks like there are several linux drivers for it.

Some that I found are:

pcmf502r3

fastvnet_cs.o

Some nfo on this card and drivers are at:
3.20 Atmel AT76C502A/AT76C503A (802.11b USB & PCMCIA
Atmel AT76C502/3/5A base wireless USB devices

Seems that this card uses the 'Atmel AT76C502' chipset.

Gnumeric

As for gnumeric, so far no go with that too.....

Did what you suggested RTFM, but doesn't find gnumeric in feed I guess.....

Is there a way to find it?

Thanks!

Edited by ArchiMark 2008-05-11 9:11 PM
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 8:23 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Duplicate Post Deleted

Edited by ArchiMark 2008-05-11 9:12 PM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2008-05-11 10:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

After some reading, it looks like the drivers for that card werent in place until 2.6.5. I know they work with jlime and 2.6.x kernels as a few users have them. Doubtfull it'll work on 2.4 kernel.

The bnep0 is for bluetooth devices. Actually eth0 shows up in network applet ( granted the card is recognized ). You probably didnt see it because it had no idea what your card was. I always tell people to just stick with good old prism or orinoco chipset cards. They work with everything.

I guess i forgot to mention that gnumeric is in the 0.8.4 feed, which is small, but was a minor upgrade of a few packages. You will find it here: http://familiar.handhelds.org/releases/v0.8.4/feed/ in the /x11 directory. You could add that feed to /etc/ipkg.conf or just manually do it. Something like ipkg install http://familiar.handhelds.org/releases/v0.8.4/feed/x11/gnumeric_1.6.2-r0_arm.ipk. It may or may not need to download deps, i forget. If so just manually install those as well.

Cheers.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9