x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

900c ActiveSync problems

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-13 8:55 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

then you have a warranty on it... reflash to OS 2.02 if it still doesn't work then send the device back for warranty repair

but i assume here that you installed the NEC activesync driver for your PC.
 Top of the page
Fred Flintstone Page Icon Posted 2007-12-13 9:14 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I was running AS4.2 and when I went to AS4.5 things went down hill from there. I had to upgrade to 4.5 due to a requirement of WM6 on a PPC6700, and it stopped seeing my 900c (AS4.2 to AS4.5 worked till I sync-ed with WM6). A few weeks later I lost my main hard drive and had to start all over (no back up - dumb on my part). Anyway, the Paul Harvey other part of the story is that when I installed AS4.5 FRESH on a new drive (and a new install with XP Pro SP2) it is now seeing both the WM6 device and the WCE42 900c. Might be AS4.2 on the removal is not getting it all out of there - I just know that the the upgrade from AS4.2 to AS4.5 I was unable to sync with my 900c but it would see the WM6 device. Had my hard drive not crashed, I'd still be stuck. One other note I did put the NEC USB drivers back on the new hard drive with AS4.5 before I tried to sync with the 900c.
 Top of the page
pkent Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 9:48 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

hehe, paul harvey. I get it.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 2:28 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Most of us old folks do. Good day!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 6:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't, not old enough apparently.
 Top of the page
erichfoeckler
erichfoeckler Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 8:10 PM
#
cmonex,
the reflash did the trick,
i can now connect 900c through USB to my PC but ActiveSync 4.5 doesn't like it
but it does allow me to open the "Mobile Device" folder and i can see all folders on the 900c, that's pretty much all i need. (I'm using 4.5 because i also have a winMobile 6 device)

Also my mini mouse now connects to the 900C through the USB.

I really appreciate your help and intend to donate (as i hope will all who benefit from your knowledge and ROM's )

thanks again
 Top of the page
Fred Flintstone Page Icon Posted 2007-12-14 9:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cmonex

Hello again, Well Paul Harvey " THE REST OF THE STORY" well, it pretty much means that it is the part that is the truth that the rest of the folks never hear about. The press only tells one side (MS this will fix every thing, you will will never have any more security problems) HEHE, Just a bunch a bunk that is feed to the masses....
So the bottom line, there is the truth and there is what is feed to the mass.. DO NOT BELEIVE ALL OF WHAT YOU HEAR TILL YOU'VE HEARD FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY" .................. Kinda of a USA slang if you will....

Sorry, Fred Flintstone here in Bedrock USA is a ultra ego if you will, I've been been messing aronnd with this stuff just after punch cards. I'll admit that I've not been the best at keeping up with some of the newer cooler stuff, I use to keyboard basic in before cassette tape that was the neatest thing on the block to store all the hard work typed in,
hence "FRED FLINTSTONE", I've Got a lot of Grey Hair Cmonex, but tech in all fields has changed a lot. I started with tubes, self taught transistors, ie.... A Lot of changes over the years, just had to keep up with it all. Too many hobbies,
Take Main intrestersts and run with them. The 900c is a very nice device, and I have got plans to keep my over the hill junk running. My poor eye sight is having a bunch of trouble with SMD, I was taught how to fix parts one could still see HE HE HE (as a side note to fix SMD right, one would be lucky getting by with less than a 7K investment..... Thanks so much for the help from an old geezer. If its from the 70's-80's and gotta a mike on it, I can fix it............ Again Thanks for the young, making it easier for the Fred Flintstone's out here that need a bit of help..

Edited by Fred Flintstone 2007-12-14 9:55 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10