x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New and wonderful email program

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2008-09-04 3:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Probably for 900C only....

First to get it go here: http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=profimail

At the bottom of the page find the link for the Beta 2.92 version 5 of Profimail.

It works fast, easy, and for me...better than others I've used in the past. I especially like the simple and clean interface.

It connects to AOL perfectly and with no problems and can send and both receive email to them. (remember to use port 587 out for AOL)

I set up 2 accounts on it...one is a POP3 account and the other was my AOL account using IMAPI. I was able to send and receive emails with attachments and graphics to both services.

The other thing I liked was that the program configuration is stored in an easy to access text fle called config.txt. As a matter of fact, I changed the first entry, ui_font_index to 1 to make the fonts smaller. But you can have big ones if you want. The accounts are stored in a file called accounts.xml, which will open with notepad, but the passwords are encrypted so your data is protected.

Here are 5 screenshots I made. They are as follows:

1) Folder view showing my two email accounts, AOL and Charter
2) My HPCNEC mailbox showing my emails (note small preview window)
3) The actual message when I tap on it showing the email with embedded graphics
4) The built in file explorer so you can jump around your device while the email program stays active...good for viewing or multitasking
5) Just one showing some of the menus available.

Known bugs for me:

1) When you first run the program, the screen blanks until you touch it or any key.
2) If I go to tools/configuration the program locks up for me...but that isn't any problem as you can configure it manually with a text editor.
3) Because it wasn't designed for HPCs, the menu across the bottom is cut off a little bit, but is still functional.

Give it a try...I like it.

Edited by Rich Hawley 2008-09-04 3:43 PM

(folders.jpg)

(mailbox.jpg)

(message.jpg)

(fileexplorer.jpg)

(menus.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments folders.jpg (16KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments mailbox.jpg (18KB - 1 downloads)
Attachments message.jpg (16KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments fileexplorer.jpg (30KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments menus.jpg (24KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2008-09-04 4:06 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks Rich!

S/F<
CEYA!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12