x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Activesync connect with Netbook Pro

JLS Page Icon Posted 2009-05-20 2:20 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Have had Netbook Pro for 4 days; great little machine and compatible software with lots of
my other pda's. The problem: CANNOT activesync. Though my old WinXP cpu will recognize
something is trying to install, it cannot do it - no drivers. Have tried activesync ver 3.7,3.8,4.2
and back to my 4.5; all to no avail. I have an 'official' serial/usb cable.
I know this is OLD stuff, but still.... cannot solve the conundrum. help !!
Thanks, John
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-05-20 3:40 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Point the driver search to c:\program files\microsoft activesync\drivers and try again
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-20 3:51 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

In order to successfully connect my Netbook Pro to Activesync 3.8, I first had to download the USB drivers from the Psion support site.
To access the site, go here:
https://teknet.psionteklogix.com/pm/AuthFiles/login.aspx
Create an account and then navigate to the downloads. The file I downloaded is called "USBSetup_3.1.375_C217m". It's under "Downloads-->Other Software Products". Scroll down to Utilities and find "USB Setup"
Once I had this installed on my PC, I was able to connect.
Also available from the Teknet site are the latest ROM image for the Netbook Pro (if you don't have it) and also the software to allow you to sync with Microsoft Outlook. (The ROM is listed under "Operating System" and the Sync software under "Utilities".)
One other thing that it took me a minute to figure out, once the USB drivers are installed, on the Netbook Pro, go to "Settings-->Control Panel-->PC Connection" and set it to connect via the USB cradle.

Hope that helps.

Edited by snappyjaw 2009-05-20 3:56 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-05-20 3:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've been using IrDA with mine, and it syncs fine using ActiveSync 3.8. (I don't have a sync cable for it, but I should get one now since I recently picked up a 5mx.)

Thanx for the link, snappyjaw. I'll check that out myself too.
 Top of the page
JLS Page Icon Posted 2009-05-22 1:02 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

SnappyJaw !
You made my day. Your suggestions were perfect, especially that of changing
connection by USB. It seem to work quite well with my activesyn v4.5 by the way.
However, though I downloaded the other file concerning syncing with OUTLOOK,
and even though I can FINALLY use the activesync menu box, my Netbook Pro
doest not show up in my "Pocket On-Schedule" for contacts or calendar.

Any suggestions for that problem.
Also, though I have downloaded the new 'images', how in the world does one
activate them ??? very weird.

thanks again a whole bunch,
John

PS: is there a Max gig size for SD's? My 2 gig is recognized in Explorer,
but not my 4 gig.
 Top of the page
snappyjaw Page Icon Posted 2009-05-22 5:19 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

As far as syncing with Outlook, I know you have to run On-Schedule Outlook Sync and set up your folders there to sync and then click the Synchronize button in that software. You can set up the sync in Activesync, but nothing actually gets transferred to the Netbook Pro when you sync through Activesync.
On the ROM image update, the first step is to see if you even need it. Go to Start-->Settings-->Control Panel-->System, then go to the Properties tab. On mine, BooSt date code, WinCE date code and PCon date code are all K295q, which is the same as the version code on the ROM download, so I did not run the update. If you do need to install the update, the file marked "readme.txt" in the download folder contains all the information needed to install the ROM image.
On your SD card, the Netbook Pro only recognizes regular SD cards, not SDHC cards. This means that other than a few older 4 GB cards that don't follow the SDHC standards, the Netbook will only handle cards up to 2 GB. It will however recognize much larger CF cards. There is good info in the Knowledge base on this site for CF cards and which ones have been found to work. I just ordered an 8 GB Transcend card for mine that is supposed to work but it has not arrived yet.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10