x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cassiopeia Fiva MPC-501M63E

1 2
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 8:02 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I downloaded the zip file you attached to a USB flash drive using my desktop computer. From there I copied it to my root C: drive on my Fiva. I then rebooted my Fiva into a DOS prompt only.

I ran Awd621.exe and it displayed the screen you showed above. For the "name to program", I entered nothing and hit ENTER. Then it prompted me to make a backup of my BIOS, which I selected "Y" and gave it a file name. It created a bios file. It was about 261K in size.

Then I ran Awd753 and repeated the same process. I gave a different name, and it saved a file about 128mb in size. Like your examples above, a program error was generated when it couldn't locate the source file to flash the BIOS image from. But it exited back to DOS fine.

Two different BIOS images from the same machine...strange. Anyways, I then went to reboot my Fiva back into Win98 so I could copy the two files back to my flash drive so I could send them to you on my desktop machine.

My Fiva is now a brick....let me repeat that....A BRICK!

It will not boot, it will not post, it will not do anything... When I power on, I can hear the hard drive spin up...and then nothing. Nothing on the screen...nothing at all. And, I cannot turn it off now either, unless I pull the battery and unplug the a/c adapter.

It seems I have turned a great little touchscreen handheld into a piece of JUNK!

You can imagine how I am feeling right now....
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 8:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

oh, <expletive deleted>

not good

why your device not starting? It must starting, hmmmm
maybe you will try clear CMOS memory?
You must lock in batteries contacts, when battarey is removed for several seconds. But where is battarey on casio i dont know
Now I look in my casio!

Edited by CE Geek to remove profanity - please see Forum Rule 4
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 8:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I pulled the HD from my Fiva and put it in an external USB HD case to access it from my desktop. I just sent you the two bios image files that were created with each of those programs you had provided.

Maybe it will help you get your Fiva back in business again.

BTW, I found the cmos battery, Panasonic VL1216...I pulled it, hope that will reset the thing, going to let it sit without power for a while...I don't see any other jumpers or places to ground or reset the machine with...so we'll see...
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 8:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I was found where is battery connected!

untwist cassiopeia

and looking for floor part

remove battery connector and lock contacts for several seconds

me help!

I just sent you the two bios image files that were created with each of those programs you had provided.

ok thank you!

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 9:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Yeah, I had found the battery also...and I pulled it...nothing worked, no reset when I grounded between the battery contacts....going to let it sit out overnight and see what happens....
 Top of the page
monoxrom Page Icon Posted 2011-05-14 9:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cassiopeia working good! First bios is original and working!
I was upload this bios and normal awdflash here:
http://www.gbu.ho.ua/retro/notebook/cas501/

------------------------
how your device????

Top of the page
mldavis99 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-17 7:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have two older MPC-501M40E and I just got my hands on a newer MPC-501M63E. The keyboard on the M63E does not work but everything else seems OK. I read somewhere that this may be because someone loaded the wrong BIOS??? Any chance flashing the BIOS with the one H/PC Newbie uploaded might help???
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-17 10:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

None, bigger chance you will ruin your device...
 Top of the page
62256 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-18 4:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

mldavis99 - 2011-10-17 7:49 PM

I have two older MPC-501M40E and I just got my hands on a newer MPC-501M63E. The keyboard on the M63E does not work but everything else seems OK.

My 501M63E too.
This is becouse our devices from NYSE. Hi disable keyboards, work only with pen.
May be hardware jumper, I found strangle pin on right side near "Enter" key.
 Top of the page
mldavis99 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-18 9:19 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thank you for the advice Rich. I will try the path of 62256 instead. I have a couple of older MPC-501M40E units. I'll open one up and see how the keyboard and jumpers are connected compared to the MPC-501M63E. I suspect the hardware is mostly the same.

mike
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 14