x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Microsoft Viewers for Handheld PC

1 2 3 4 5
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 3:59 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Links fixed. Sorry guys
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 4:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Mark,

Is there a copy of htmlview.dll in that rom image you could extract for testing?

Rich
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 4:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I was kind of wondering the same thing. It seems like a lot of software written for newer Windows CE versions will run just fine on older HPCs with just a little hex editing of the executable and the addition of some dlls. Has anyone attempted to extract IE and its associated files from one of these rom images? I know a lot of us are waiting with baited breath for Minimo support. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter (other than the potential legal issues)?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 4:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah.. IE6 would be *cool* (understatement) on hpc2000. can you try this please?

minimo is a long way to come... unless chiark succeeds earlier
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 4:58 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Working on it

IE for CE4.2 requires the CE4.2 AYGSHELL so I'm going to have a go at that.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Elder

What about the other way around...
Getting some HPC2000 stuff to run on CE 4.2? It would be nice to have Pocket Outlook back
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ahah if there's a platform builder for hpc2000 then sure. is there one?

i tried the viewers now...
my fav has always been the image viewer, it's cool on the 728 too (maybe it isn't resco pic viewer or whatever but much better in my humble opinion). excel viewer seems to remain fast too. but the pdf viewer... it is lightning fast on the 900C, but on the j728 with hpc2000... very disappointing. i had to wait for ages for it to get a pdf loaded. but at least one advantage comparing it to acrobat reader: you can scroll fast.. not like acrobat reader (if it (pdf viewer) opened your pdf ok in the first place!) oh and word viewer isn't too bad.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 7:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Mmm, btw, there's also a huge demand for the MSN Messager we get on 4.2

What about WM2003? Can we get any of the standard apps/dlls off of the build? Even the PIM from there would be nice, if it works
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 7:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

poor skyfox.. a lot of demand

so, skyfox, if you tell me the secrets (in enough details).. i already have PB 4.2 installed on my PC, so i can help you with your work
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 9:38 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Getting apps from WM2002/3 is slightly more tricky as they have to be extracted from ROM images (this can get messy) as there is no freely available platform builder for those OSs. Despite the fact that they are based on the CE core their shells are entirely different beasts. I might have a go at this later but my ipaq 2210 is currently bricked after one of my rom hacks went drastically wrong (some of you may know me from PocketNow).

I'm going to work on IE now. Messenger is next in the list (does anyone know if that version works with the current protocols?).
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 9:48 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh keep up the good work! thanks for your PM, i'll have a look at PB soon
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 12:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

skyfox01_99 - 2005-07-19 9:35 AM

I used an old copy of Platform Builder 4.2 to build a ROM image that is compatible with the Power Handheld, modded the PE headers of the various EXE/DLLs involved to look like CE 4.1 apps and copied everthing to /Windows (directory doesn't matter though). Same goes for the J720 versions but I changed the headers to look like CE 3 apps.

If anyone has any problems with those links being there I'll remove them...

Skyfox

Copied the exe and dll files to my windows folder, but the CE 3 Viewers did not work on my 720...... recieved the following error message

"Cannot load required resources from WtResources.dll. Please check to make sure the the viewer is properly installed"

What's missing?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 12:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i simply created a folder named Viewers and copied everything there. try it
 Top of the page
Stevie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 12:56 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Skyfox

Copied the exe and dll files to my windows folder, but the CE 3 Viewers did not work on my 720...... recieved the following error message

"Cannot load required resources from WtResources.dll. Please check to make sure the the viewer is properly installed"

What's missing?

I had the same when I first downloaded, worked fine when I downloaded again for the full list of viewers.

Excellent work skyfox, you do know how popular you will be if you get IE working

You might even be promoted to spacewolf

Stevie
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 2:19 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2005-07-20 12:14 PM

well i simply created a folder named Viewers and copied everything there. try it

cmonex

Does the folder need to be in any particular directory?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 14