x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Microsoft Viewers for Handheld PC

1 2 3 4 5
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-08-09 3:21 AM

Oh skyfox, I have a favor to ask:
Can you get serial.dll for me? Just want to check on something...

what do you want to check?
what's serial.dll for? oh, Flash?... well... if you get something out of it... let me know!
 Top of the page
skyfox01_99 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-09 5:55 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

takwu - 2005-08-09 2:21 AM

Oh skyfox, I have a favor to ask:
Can you get serial.dll for me? Just want to check on something...

Check here. It contains "serial.dll" from a Wince 4.1 ROM and a Windows Mobile 2003 ROM (from an iPAQ 2210 if it matters).
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 8:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Excellent skyfox, I'll check it out tonight.

cmonex... yeah I am running out of ideas about Flash, therefore looking at this file
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Elder

oops I missed the edit time window (for the first time )

Anyway, update on the progress: neither file helped The simpad one doesn't even load. ExecChk doesn't show anything about it, but when I chk the flash dll it says the serial dll cannot load, invalid or something. I tried changing it's version number to 420 too.

The iPAQ one loads, but acts the same as my own serial dll; doesn't support the functions for flash.

So I guess I'm stuck again... unless someone extracts the serial.dll from HPC2000, or even better the cellcore.dll from PPC...

Not giving up yet
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-10 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-08-11 3:00 AM

oops I missed the edit time window (for the first time )

Anyway, update on the progress: neither file helped The simpad one doesn't even load. ExecChk doesn't show anything about it, but when I chk the flash dll it says the serial dll cannot load, invalid or something. I tried changing it's version number to 420 too.

The iPAQ one loads, but acts the same as my own serial dll; doesn't support the functions for flash.

So I guess I'm stuck again... unless someone extracts the serial.dll from HPC2000, or even better the cellcore.dll from PPC...

Not giving up yet

huh..
i'll start experimenting with it too..
on 4.1 and 4.2 too. someone said it doesn't work on the simpad but it might be because it already has flash 5.5 in ROM. at least one version of the rom
this 4.1 doesn't have it so i'm going to reveal the truth soon
 Top of the page
xavi
xavi Page Icon Posted 2005-08-12 11:38 AM
#
Hey Skyfox,

you havce done a great job, the viewers work perfectly on my jornada 710. But I I've got an idea regarding the IE6 for the HPC 2000, why do not you try to adapt the mozilla firefox for pocket pc to hpc 2000 or windows ce 4.1?
I think that this might be a solution, but not very sure.

Thanks,

Xavi
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-13 1:43 AM
#
H/PC Elder

xavi,
In this case, Skyfox simply extracts software from CE4 build and try them on HPC2000. Basically it's just copying the files over; he is not doing any adapting, as far as I can tell

The guys in the developer forum are already working on the Minimo port.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-14 4:02 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

skyfox, again thank you very much, your viewers run perfectly on a sigmarion 3 too
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-14 2:24 AM
#
Sorry to revive an old thread...

Can anyone explain what files can be deleted from that ZIP so just the image & pdf viewers still work. I dont need to Word/Excel ones, and they use quite a bit of space.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-03-14 8:15 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

chazco - 2006-03-14 2:24 AM

Sorry to revive an old thread...

Can anyone explain what files can be deleted from that ZIP so just the image & pdf viewers still work. I dont need to Word/Excel ones, and they use quite a bit of space.

Thanks

You can run them from a CF card so....space shouldn't be an issue!
 Top of the page
jornada720 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 1:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Great Job!! If you get MSN working, that would be awesome! Im just wondering, does anyone know what the Messenger in the 4.2's rom looks like? Im curious to see what features Windows Messenger packs.

Oh yes, do you think that the same thing will happen to this Messenger as it did with Ruksun's messenger?

Thanks again!
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 1:49 PM
#
I wonder what else can be used from the CE.Net devices on the J720...

Could:
- The shell.exe work? An updated for the 95 look?
- MSN - I dont use this but others do apparantly
- The philosphers stone - Internet Explorer (with some work)?

Anything else that may work?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 8:58 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

chazco:

MSN - we (TFGBD & me - mostly TFGBD) got it working on cenet 4.2 devices that dont have msn in ROM by default. but it was hard to achieve. TFGBD was doubting we could get it to work on hpc2000. BUT: there's actually a hpc2000 version for MSN messenger, exactly like the cenet one. the bad news: it is based on the outdated protocol. we have only a cenet build for the updated one, but won't give up.

IE: good question, i know of someone who got IE 5.5 to run under hpc2000. but it had a lot of problems ... we'll try to look into this though.

shell.exe: no idea at all

jornada720: msn messenger on cenet looks like windows messenger. can do file transfers, has a lot of nice options. can get you screenshots, give me some email address.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 9:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey do you know what files are needed to run IE 5.5 for HPC2000? You know I got something else in mind
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 8:03 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-03-19 3:32 AM

Hey do you know what files are needed to run IE 5.5 for HPC2000? You know I got something else in mind

no, i don't understand. what do you have in mind?

anyway i believe newer (ce.net) versions of some system dlls in hpc2000 are needed. this is the trick..
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 12