x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Brain Aneurysm

1 2 3
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2023-07-24 2:20 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I had a brain aneurysm surgery a little over a month ago. It burst during the operation but everything went well. They bypassed the aneurysm by taking a long vein from my arm and attaching it to my neck and then to my brain.

It has left me feeling out of sorts mentally, plus I'm always tired and quick to tire out doing the simplest of things. Anyone here have an aneurysm removed?

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-07-24 3:09 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Wow, I am so sorry to hear of your travails. I've been lucky so far to avoid this kind of thing, but you have all my sympathy and concern, as you have the forum's.

Jake
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2023-07-24 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Very sorry to hear what you've been through, though it's good that you're on the mend. The closest I've come is a concussion from a car accident several years ago...though my initial recovery was quick, I've felt a little less sharp mentally since that time. Best wishes for a full recovery for you.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-07-24 6:43 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

My thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery! Hang in there.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2023-07-25 12:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Glad you’re better. My wife accuses me of having a brain aneurysm every other day. I prefer to think of it as selective amnesia.
 Top of the page
ArchiMark Page Icon Posted 2023-07-25 2:37 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Sensei

Fortunately, no.....

Wish you all the best for good health!

Mark
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2023-08-31 5:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thank you all. I'm struggling truthfully. Health wise I'm seemingly OK besides a constant state of fatigue.
 Top of the page
FBustamante Page Icon Posted 2023-08-31 9:00 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

I hope for a speedy recovery.

I just want to comment that with age my character is getting very difficult.

I don't know how old you are, but maybe that's what it is.

Best regards and courage.

(I put it in both languages because I think it is a delicate subject and I do not trust the translation).

--------------

Espero una pronta recuperación.

Tan sólo comentar que a mí con la edad se me está poniendo el carácter muy difícil.

No se que edad tienes, pero lo mismo es eso.

Un saludo y ánimo.

(Lo pongo en los dos idiomas porque creo que es un tema delicado y no me fio de la traducción.)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-08-31 9:10 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I would imagine that symptoms such as these might feel as if it will always be this way for you. Not true, though. The body adapts and mends, even when it feels as if it isn't. Hang in there.

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2023-09-01 1:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Bloody hell, I'm glad you've made it through all that. I know how you feel with the fatigue, just take it slowly and don't try and fight it. I know it is frustrating, but it won't help.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2023-09-02 3:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Thank you all. The hardest part for me is about six weeks after the operation, I started feeling this uneasy empty feeling in my chest. Like a part of me is missing. It's so off-putting, I almost don't know what to do with myself at times. It feels like I am "not me" at times. Very disconcerting. I can deal with the fatigue, just sleep. But this other issue, it's driving me mad honestly. I feel alien in my own body.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2023-09-02 3:14 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

As for age, I was 23 when I signed up in 2005. Amazing that it's been that long.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2023-09-02 6:49 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You make me feel so old. I signed up the same year, but I was 44.

Wishing you rapid and complete healing.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2023-09-02 8:24 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You aren't old, when you get to 90 then you're getting old.

Thanks for the well wishes.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2023-11-04 11:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Just an update, sorry for bringing my "issues" here but it helps talking about it and you guys are one of the few folks I have to talk with. It turns out that one of the clips they used during the operation either malfunctioned or was placed incorrectly leading to a stroke. They didn't tell me, found out four months later! I have had some issues, notably spelling, short term memory, anxiety / strange feelings, and my left arm is kinda off. However, the biggest consequence yet was the "Temporal Lobe Epileptic Seizure" I had the 25th. The seizure itself wasn't too bad, it was the sheer horror I had 30ish seconds prior. A sense of impending doom that was inescapable, like trying to survive it was futile. It sent me into a panic, thankfully I passed out.

Am now on Lamictal (or something similarly named), been in the hospital for a week as they have been doing tests. The operation + stroke has caused some damage, which they believe caused the "TLE". Thankfully, only a 33 percent chance I'll ever have another seizure, plus with medication it's even lower. Like I said, the seizure part didn't bother me, was passed out anyway haha. But the 30 seconds prior, I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy. It was truly the most horrific feeling I've had.

Thanks for allowing me this outlet to air my dirty laundry.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.208 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 14