x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Final Word on Redgear Installing on Sigmarion III?

Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-10-16 10:03 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I am all-anticipation waiting for my @stingraze-sent Sig III and as I anticipate, I've been figuring out my software approach.

Some earlier threads of Redgear on Sig III say it can't be done, but later threads make reference to a working install.

Can any veteran Sig III owner give the ultimate conclusion?

Jake

Edited by Jake 2023-10-16 10:04 PM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-10-18 3:01 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

It works fine for me.

Edit: I should clarify- I followed the advice in one of those threads to have it disabled by default and only enable when needed due to the hang issue. Let me hunt down that post.

Edited by thenzero 2023-10-18 3:02 AM
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-10-18 3:03 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-10-19 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

@thenzero many thanks, and I did get Redgear to install after learning about wceloadext. Hit-or-miss on which ppc programs actually work. Got a PPC RSS Reader to start, but HanDBase, even though it runs on the J720/Redgear, doesn't start in CE 4.1. Wish I knew why.

Thanks again,
Jake
 Top of the page
thenzero Page Icon Posted 2023-10-22 9:05 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Elite

Excellent news.

I haven't tried HanDBase but a lot of stuff is really finicky on the sig3 about which aygshell etc you use. Have you run it through exec check to see if anything is missing? If that's not the issue, try having a look at the list of dll dependencies and see what's in there. If it needs aygshell, try just going down the list from cmonex' aygshell collection. That has worked for me a number of times.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2023-10-22 9:53 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

@thenzero The whole aygshell thing always felt above my paygrade. RedGear can run HanDBase fine in the J720; I just don't know why I can't produce the same in the Sig3. Other weirdness: putty (which works fine in the J720/RedGear) works once in the Sig3, and never again, just freezes the machine. Same with TextMaker 2005, which I ripped from a TinyBook: starts once, never again. But TM 2002 ver 397 does fine in the Sig3.

I'm thinking CE 4.1 is a beast unto its own.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8