x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Poll (the real one) about interest in pDOSBox port to HPC

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next »
Poll (the real one) about interest in pDOSBox port to HPC
OptionResults
Yes, I am seriously interested in pDOSBox port to HPC145 Votes - [100%]
145 Votes [100%]
No, I'm not really interested in the port0 Votes - [0%]

Olavius
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 3:01 AM
#
Well, there is an alternative which is pocketdos from www.pocketdos.com - it is not a free programme.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 3:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Dave Wurm - 2006-01-06 7:59 PM

Well that was simple enough! It works with quotes, as you suggested. (Thanks for your patience.)

Now, the problem seems to be with my eyes. The Dos screen fills only a third of the available screen space.

What is the "full screen" toggle supposed to do [alt-ent]? It doesn't appear to change anything on my screen?

Text is uncomfortably small to read, so program usage is less than ideal. Is there a Dos emulator that utilizes the full screen on a Jornada 720?

Thanks again, Dave

well, that's what this poll for!! to have a native hpc version that of course will run in full screen. get more hpc fellows to vote!!
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 6:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

well pocketdos isn't good for me as it doesn't save the settings for my localization .and the price is too high for me. anyone having a decompiler(for recompiling with fixes)???

marco
 Top of the page
pDOSBox port to HPC
pDOSBox port to HPC Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 5:16 PM
#
Yes, I am seriously interested in pDOSBox port to HPC.

Joaquin
 Top of the page
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-01-18 2:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I don't think there is a way arround this as this is a PPC application with that screen size. I have tried to jiggle GAPI 3.02, but no luck.

You could have a look at PocketDOS.com - there they have a full screen dos emulator (not free though).

Another option is BOCHS 2.1.1, but I cannot find the sourcefile anywhere as the mamaichs site is gone? Anyone still has these sourcefiles?
 Top of the page
Angel
Angel Page Icon Posted 2006-04-22 7:18 PM
#
si yo voto por pDosBox
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 8:15 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-01-06 10:32 PM

This is why we need a new H/PC version of pDOSBox. VOTE, folks, please!!
84 votes in over 6 months. It doesn't exactly scream "we want this" to the developer I'm afraid.
Reaching the requested 100 in a week would have been one thing. However at this rate it'll be another three months before we get to 100, I don't think the developer had a 9 month wait in mind.

I would consider this a lost oportunity
 Top of the page
AndiF
AndiF Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 9:18 AM
#
C:Amie - 2006-04-23 2:15 PM

84 votes in over 6 months. It doesn't exactly scream to the developer I'm afraid.

85 votes

Andreas
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 9:44 AM
#
86 now
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2006-04-23 7:15 AM
84 votes in over 6 months. It doesn't exactly scream "we want this" to the developer I'm afraid.
Reaching the requested 100 in a week would have been one thing. However at this rate it'll be another three months before we get to 100, I don't think the developer had a 9 month wait in mind.

I would consider this a lost oportunity

I found this post a few days ago when it got revived by someone else that posted in it. if these kind of things are sort of made sticky on the main webpage somehow, it would surely make things go a lot quicker. I, not unlike a lot of others, do not spend a lot of time digging through the forums for topics I can reply to. As a result, numerous threads are not even seen. Personally I check the main page a few times a day, and when I see a post that seems interesting, I will look at it.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 12:55 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This had FP news coverage on the site at the time, and realistically there is a limit on how many sticky threads we can create. I see what you are saying of course. However it is still 6 months later... so the benefits of reviving it are... limited at best.
 Top of the page
esw Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 1:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

But surely the pDOSBox developer doing the port isn't the only option - DOSBox is GPL'ed after all, so anyone is free to take a stab at porting it to HPC (though I haven't been able to find the pdosbox sources on his site, he's obligated to releasse them if someone asks, right)
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-23 1:23 PM
#
esw - 2006-04-22 7:03 PM
DOSBox is GPL'ed after all, so anyone is free to take a stab at porting it to HPC (though I haven't been able to find the pdosbox sources on his site, he's obligated to releasse them if someone asks, right)

Sure!

And I think he must also make it easy to retrieve the sources. In other words, if the package is GPL'ed, the sources must be public somehow. In other words, the developer cannot say:
"Ok, this package is GPL'ed. If you want the sources you should ask me, politely, and maybe, if I am not in bad taste, I'll let you have them... someday."
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-05 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

97 votes...
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-05 5:32 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

3 more!!!!
 Top of the page