x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I just got a Branium Wibook $99 BIN CE.net 4.2

1 2 3 4 5 6
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Now for the million dollar question...can this be upgraded to ce 2003?? How big is the keyboard? Like the j720 or nec 790? Boy...if this had a 790 keyboard and could be upgraded to 2003 I would be in heaven, even if it is butt ugly
 Top of the page
pengyou Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 10:56 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

...but...branium sounds a bit like a word straight out of the Jetsons....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-07 11:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok....no , no 2003 that i know of...but this is an hpc......it runs on windows ce.net wich is the 4.20 version....and so far it has quite satisfied me....the IE is wonderful plus you have a 400mhz xscale behind you......its quite the desktop mobile replacment i assure you @ the price i paid......to get the same action out of a laptop that you have to wait to boot..pretty good stuff....

The keyboard by the way is more of the size of a desktop keyboard W/out the numeric key pad
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:18 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, looks like i won't be getting one if i don't get lucky i'm not allowed to bid/buy it now at all somehow because i don't live in the US or Canada... even though seller would ship to me (said so earlier). maybe he can do something about it ... wish me good luck...
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:32 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just purchased one on eBay this evening and look forward to playing with it. I plan on using it mainly to get a feel for CE 4.2 before blowing a huge chunk of change on a Netbook Pro. The stats on this are surprisingly similar, so I should get a good feel for how well I would like a Netbook Pro. I currently have a Jornada 720 which I love, but I have definitely pushed it to its limits and beyond. I will probably resell the Branium once I am done with it, as 3.5 pounds is a bit heavy for my tastes

Top of the page
P.E.I. Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 12:34 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Looks like the BIN is $89US
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 1:38 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Rocketman - 2005-12-08 6:32 AM

I just purchased one on eBay this evening and look forward to playing with it. I plan on using it mainly to get a feel for CE 4.2 before blowing a huge chunk of change on a Netbook Pro. The stats on this are surprisingly similar, so I should get a good feel for how well I would like a Netbook Pro. I currently have a Jornada 720 which I love, but I have definitely pushed it to its limits and beyond. I will probably resell the Branium once I am done with it, as 3.5 pounds is a bit heavy for my tastes

hey, can you resell it to me? actually i tried to bid on that unit but ebay would not let me as the seller specified some special option apparently.... at least now i know your ebay name!
consider this as a serious offer please (of course only if i can't resolve that issue with the seller who's still not answering me for days now )

edit: ..or if i can't get the next one in another way (just checked my PM's )

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-08 1:41 AM
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 3:33 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I will offer it up on the board first, when I am done with it. I am mainly using it to see how I would like a Netbook Pro and doubt I will keep it for more than a month or so.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 5:41 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh i'm sure you'd like the netbook pro, that's an amazing machine. but i'm sure i already told you that...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-08 11:52 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Battery power.......

ok very decent in this dept...I ran it off and on all day yester day from a full charge for about 12 hours with the last 3 listing to networked mp3's and just this morning im getting a low battery warning so i'd say it has a 8 hour battery wich is pretty decent....
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 1:49 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

OK, i went to computer store called fry's picked up a db9 cummunication transfer serial cable and on a xp machine with acitvesync 3.8 i synced the Wibook after a couple of tries of fiddiling with connections and such.... Word of advice..dont wait for your normal sync, it doesnt do folderls, outlook or any of the other...just listen for noise...

Edited by thcrw739 2005-12-11 1:56 AM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-11 8:04 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok here is the correct hardware settings for a serial sync every time.....with the cable mentioned above...set the flow control on both units to none meaning the main pc & Wibook and make sure there both set to 115200bps.....as default on the Wibook it allready has this connection set up except for the flow control wich by default is on hardware....Strange thing is there is no network sync option only serial or IRDA....anyway hope this helps some one that wishes to sync....

Oh and if you dont have a serial port as i do not i am using one of those serial to usb connectors....total cost for syncing is around $35.00 thats for the cable @ $12.99 & the adapter @ $19.99 but ofcourse i allready had the adapter for my other machines....

Edited by thcrw739 2005-12-11 8:08 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 2:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

woo hoo i just won a wibook for 65$ from the same seller. i think he wanted to make up for the high shipping costs really nice of him anyway.
now i'll just have to find another as we need two.. a friend of mine is already totally in love with the wibooks...

Edited by cmonex 2005-12-12 2:34 PM
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 3:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hey thats great...how long do you think it will take to get there?

Ok i edit, now he has more up for auction...

Edited by thcrw739 2005-12-12 3:23 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-12 4:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hrm, no idea, i'll ask the seller, but i guess 1-2 weeks.. (without counting the weekends! )

yes he has another now but it's not meant for me, i can't hit buy it now (or bid on it), so i'm waiting.
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.217 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 15