x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2006-01-24 6:18 PM

For me, the best HPC could be the Sharp Telios Series. Hm, the subnotebook form factor and probably not Intermec 6651. These models include HC-aj1 hc-aj2 and HC-aj3.

Sharp manages to pack an 8.4-inch TFT screen, USB host, 56K modem, CFII and PC Card type II slot, infrared and serial synchronization port in to a 820-g beauty of AJ1 . This is really something.

whats the problem with sharp telios 7000 aka intermec 6651? did i misunderstand something?

sharp managed to pack a 7.something inch tft, usb host 56k modem cfII pcmcia II, infrared, serial and tablet mode and also a camera in a 8xx g beauty of intermec thats really something
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2006-01-23 4:19 AM

I like the Sigmarions, however, they are much too expensive and hard to dind right now...

they're not expensive, imo. sig 1 is really cheap, 2 isn't expensive especially that it's hpc2000, and 3 isn't either, considering how much it can do
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 4:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

What OS is the Sig I? Also, is it hard to learn the Japanese language?

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-01-24 4:11 PM
 Top of the page
RandomInsano Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 5:37 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

The Sharp Telios looks pretty big. Now, I've got big pockets (enough that the Jornada and Cassiopeia have enough room) but I don't think they're that big. As far as the sigmarions:

Sigmarion I:
- WinCE 2.11

Sigmarion II:
- WinCE 3.0

Sigmarion III:
- WinCE .net 4.1

I'm basing this off a picture I found while browsing the internet. Take the info how you want it.

Image:
http://www.wince.ne.jp/Review/Katsuo/Site/030525_SigAll.jpg

Site:
http://wince.goo.ne.jp/hpc2000/sigmarion.htm
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 8:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow such a pic!! really good one you can see here there were two versions of the sig II, one white, one black(er), mine will be white (the more frequent one)

you're right, sig 1 is hpc pro goes for 50$ in japan if i can believe what i heard
 Top of the page
RandomInsano Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 9:40 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

How? Where?! I MUST KNOW!

The ONLY thing I don't like so much is the lack of PCMCIA... The Sig II makes up for it with the USB host port.

Edit:
Ermmm... It's the Sig III with a USB host

Edited by RandomInsano 2006-01-24 10:03 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yahoo auction japan. but about the only english sentence there: "Seller will not ship internationally". once one of them would, but that was just a usb sync cable for sig3 (completely standard usb cable)

i have japanese contacts and they do help sometimes to get something from japan, if you have one too, your only issue is the english conversion i'll let you know my experiences with that when sig2 arrives

sig II does have an usb (yes, host) port, but you need a special cable because the connector is the foma one so it is non standard. it can be bought or made though.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 11:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I regret being an English only person. There's so much more to buy if I understand Japanese and Chinese.

A bit off topic, but since English is supposed to be the hardest language to learn and that's behind me what chances do I stand learning Japanese or Chinese (Ok, I think I mean Mandarin, maybe Cantonese, I don't know which dialect is used for hpcs and gizmos)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 11:44 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-01-25 5:23 AM

I regret being an English only person. There's so much more to buy if I understand Japanese and Chinese.

A bit off topic, but since English is supposed to be the hardest language to learn and that's behind me what chances do I stand learning Japanese or Chinese (Ok, I think I mean Mandarin, maybe Cantonese, I don't know which dialect is used for hpcs and gizmos)

well i dont know of too many interesting chinese hpcs so it is enough if you just learn japanese

honestly though, i dont know a single word of japanese and i dont mind navigating around a familiar operating system in japanese when the translation wasnt perfect and i was lazy to reload the english files after a hard reset i used the sigmarion completely in japanese and never even noticed it im completely immune to japanese i guess in the sense too that i couldnt learn even Yes or No in japanese im just not willing to learn a language im not interested in

my ephone II is absolutely japanese at the moment and i dont mind that either.. the thing that helps the most apart from CE3 / 4 being familiar to me (yeah it is core CE3, not hpc2000 but looks the same exactly) is that the menus and options within them all have shortcut letters beside them, for example Options = O, Save = S, and so on...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-01-24 11:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I don't know. The Siggies 1 and 2 look just like the NEC 780 and 790, except with a cooler silver color. At least the Siggy 2 has USB. Now the Sig 3, there's a visible improvement.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 9:19 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, no, they're smaller than the mobilepro's! thats their appeal
 Top of the page
RandomInsano Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 11:39 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Exactly! Unfortunately I have no contact in Japan that could ship it. I also don't think it will stay at the $50 mark...
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 12:12 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-01-25 3:31 AM

iamjoe - 2006-01-24 6:18 PM

For me, the best HPC could be the Sharp Telios Series. Hm, the subnotebook form factor and probably not Intermec 6651. These models include HC-aj1 hc-aj2 and HC-aj3.

Sharp manages to pack an 8.4-inch TFT screen, USB host, 56K modem, CFII and PC Card type II slot, infrared and serial synchronization port in to a 820-g beauty of AJ1 . This is really something.

whats the problem with sharp telios 7000 aka intermec 6651? did i misunderstand something?

sharp managed to pack a 7.something inch tft, usb host 56k modem cfII pcmcia II, infrared, serial and tablet mode and also a camera in a 8xx g beauty of intermec thats really something

since 6651 can also be used as a tablet and is a bit bulky, so i deliberately dont list it as a subnotebook formfactor hpc
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2006-01-25 6:12 PM

since 6651 can also be used as a tablet and is a bit bulky, so i deliberately dont list it as a subnotebook formfactor hpc

heh it is not a plain subnotebook form factor because it is a little smaller hmm about the size of a libretto. bulky?!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-01-25 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

RandomInsano - 2006-01-25 5:39 PM

Exactly! Unfortunately I have no contact in Japan that could ship it. I also don't think it will stay at the $50 mark...

well i dont think it would be much more expensive (the sig I), that would be the sig II then
i was planning to get it from japan but when i saw it on ebay... well i couldn't resist so, i wanted to say that they do show up sometimes on ebay too..
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 14