x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC photography......

Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I can't get over the size of my new toy (and the fact that when I was typing this thread, I kept closing the window! DO'H!), so I took some comparative photos of it. Theres quite a size difference, between the letterboxes and the laptops.

Enjoy my amuterish photography!
BTW, my MP880 hasn't arrived yet, it is on its way to Hackensack as I write. So, I can determine its capabilities when the MP880 does arrive in the UK, hopefully soon(tm).
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 2:38 PM
#
What are you about to do to them?! I see ROM bays...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 2:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmmm shoould i put some pics here myself?
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 3:37 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

abyssknight - 2006-02-15 7:38 PM

What are you about to do to them?! I see ROM bays...

Lets see...

WORLD EXCLUSIVE, MP840!
Mobile Pro 800 plus a 790 ROM, before you say "not compatible", but actually, the ROM boards are look almost identical. Its the RAM boards that aren't and I fancy sourcing some chips and doubling the ram.
EDIT: Did I mention I have access to a surface mount rework station?

EDIT2: Bugger!! I forgot to mention. I used 2 cameras, both identical (again), except one of them has a shot lense! Thats why some pics are out of focus, because macro-mode seems to be stuck.

Edited by Wessex_nut 2006-02-15 3:41 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 5:19 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Oh my, what I would give to have access to a SMT station. Good luck!
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-15 6:00 PM
#
If you get a board made and it works, let me know! That would be crazy.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 9:19 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

my next unit arrived this morning in the hands of Parcel Force! I obviously had to be careful unpacking it!

Or not! This thing was WELL PACKED! Thank you ESCAPEMAX, that was SOO well packed, even I couldn't get in it! ;-) (Nah, thats a good point!)

After grabbing a knife from my pen knife, I sensibly elected to remove the customs declarations first, before I shread the notes by incident. When I finally opened the box, I looked inside the box and I thought "I'VE LOST IT!!", "I'D NEVER FIND IT!".

Except, I then reached into the left hand side, rolled up my sleve expected to go digging, then "oh!", out comes the box, undid the box, but there was no JORNADA HANDHELD!! Next to the box was the Otterbox, reached for that and thought, "I hope he hasn't forgot it"

Then, I opened up the bubble wrap to the otterbox, he didn't want it to be crushed! :-) That also took a good 5 minutes to bite into, because it was WELL PACKED, eventually, when I took the bubblewrap off, I just was soo relieved, there it was! IN THE OTTERBOX! How clever I thought! What more use could a waterproof and crush proof Otterbox have? Obviously, if the plane went down, the 680 would have a better chance of surviving than many of the other packages! So, even if it gets dumped into the sea, it'll probably still get to me intact! Well, apart from the second battery!

I couldn't but help but take a few photos of it when I got up 2 hours later, and when I actually could breathe. (I have been rather ill recently!).
Strange, its a different colour to the 718.

Thank you ESCAPEMAX for the extra mint and clean unit, it looked new right out the box, its probably been in the otterbox everywhere he took it, or used it very few times since he had it!

EDIT: I wonder if they do the "GB" stickers (you often find on cars when they have gone across the channel!) for Handheld PCs? I'll need 4 of them!

Edited by Wessex_nut 2006-02-21 9:22 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10