x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2004-12-29 2:17 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi, has any one gotten Java working on MP790 or any HPC2000 handheld?

I tried Waba and SuperWaba and the java apps works fine but when I goto web sites running java applets or something, Waba/SuperWaba does not kick in. I use PocketIE.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi folks,

Need some help here with running Java apps.

I installed Waba, Superwaba and now I have an app ###.jar Just how do I run it on my MP790? On the PC, I just double click the .jar file. What should I do to run it on my MP790 with waba or SuperWaba installed?

Thanks for the help!

grrr ... and java was supposed to make running apps seamless!!! ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 9:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

why not try sun's personal java ?! if not mistaken, it's better than the arm version (the latter being only a beta )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i don't know waba/superwaba at all, but i've had experience with two other java vm's (personal java for epoc and personal java for WinCE). you should get the specifications about commands and run the programs with them. each java vm has its own command set at least those two i tried.
for example, you have to use -cp and -cd in a jvm and -classpath and -setcwd in another.
if you try sun's personaljava, then the general (?not entirely sure if it's really general ) method is as follows:

"path of pjava.exe" -classpath "path of program;again path of program\program.jar" -setcwd "path of program" app.program

or something like that... it worked for two programs and i tried only those two so far

hope i could help.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-02 9:34 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Gee ... thanks! Finally some reference on how to run jar files! And the documentation for both waba and superwaba seem to assume everyone knows how to already!!

ok, any idea where I can get personal Java? Its from SUN right?

I'm trying to run MrPostman on my MP790. If it works, then I can access Hotmail and Yahoo mails from my MP790 without using stupid PIE!!! I've tried this method on the PC before and it works. So if this works and when I get qmail3 to run proper with gmail or the glibmailer thingie to work, then PIE will be used strictly to access web sites and not check emails! ...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 2:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

i hope it'll work for you, i'm no java expert, had to figure it out for myself.. and probably that's not all you/we should know about java but if it works that's enough.

you can download personal java for mips (and arm) here: http://cs.nmu.edu/~SeniorProjects/ikruhak/programs/windows%20ce/

i found this link on this great homepage: http://prt.fernuni-hagen.de/~bischoff/wince/Andreas_WINCE_Jornada_stuff.html#personaljava

what's MrPostman? maybe i'd be interested too

about Qmail3: i can help you, ask your questions! what doesnt work about it? error message etc? (i can't remember now)
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 8:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

cmonex, thanks for the links!! I managed to install PersonalJava and run its demo apps. At least now my .jar files can run when you click on them. ...

... but ...

now I am getting "Java Error| Failed to get mainclass name". Any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 2:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

uh!

i have no idea now

i think mainclass is where the app starts... (??? or something like that!)
so maybe the run command wasn't right.
i hope it isn't that pjava couldn't interpret the app. btw, what java version does your app require? it does matter!! (of course i suppose you know that already )

i hope it'll work out. if you find the solution i'd be interested in that too, in case i also encounter this... and still interested what the program is. an e-mail client or whatever?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 2:30 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

another idea. you could ask the support of MrPostman about which command their program require. if they don't know it for personal java for wince, you still have a start point. it was exactly what i have done - from this start point and with some documentation i could "translate" the run command so that pjava for wince could interpret it
 Top of the page
vjurkas Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 5:02 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

not bad!

i'll check them out (which i dont already know).

uh, nsicom.com? creme (compiled for HPC2000 ARM!!) won't install on my jornada 720!!
nor will jeode. ahhh

another jvm's are reported to be slow according to a good comparison between java vm's i saw somewhere.. (pjava's speed is ok. i was said to be "Fast" in the comparison.)

i hope we can find one jvm that's OK, will install and will be reasonably fast!

i would be content with pjava if the arm version wasn't in beta. (the mips isn't beta, but better than that.. so i envy Snappy and all those with a mips machine! )
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-03 6:03 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I got a Java VM working on my NEC Mobile Gear II 520 (h/pc Pro) probably it will work on H/PC2000.

The ewe has a browser maybe the java will work with it. ( i didn't try yet)

EWE: http://www.ewesoft.com/

good luck.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

how fast is this ewe? can it run any java program? when i read about it on their website, i interpreted as it can't and it's for developing. of course i'm sure i misunderstood )

so, how fast and stable is it?
if it's really ***stable*** (no memory leaks and java panic.....) and not slow, it could be better than personal java.

thanks
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 7:17 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

how fast is it?

VERY SLOW. unfortunately. My CPU's MIPS, Vr4121. 133mhz

not much of use for me actually, but It might work better on MP790...

Good Luck.
It is worth a try, because it has a browser sample program.

Edited by stingraze 2005-02-04 7:17 PM
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-02-04 7:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

gee ... slow is one thing .... does it do standard hotmail.com proper? How abt gmail?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 12