x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where to get MS Entertainment Pack 2.0 for HPC's?

1 2
star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 1:01 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Microsoft only offers link to Pocket PC version, anyone would know please where I could buy MS Entertainment Pack 2.0 for HPC's?
THANKS
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 1:38 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

spouky - 2006-04-04 1:01 PM

Microsoft only offers link to Pocket PC version, anyone would know please where I could buy MS Entertainment Pack 2.0 for HPC's?
THANKS

Try Here

http://macworld.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=35869/

Price ranges from $25-$35 USD.......you can also try getting a used copy on eBay!
 Top of the page
star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 2:52 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

thanks for the reply but after checking, it seems this package is only for MIPS and SH3 cpu, so will not work on a ARM Jornada 720
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 3:43 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it does have an ARM version.. if i'm not confusing it for something else..
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 3:54 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

spouky - 2006-04-04 2:52 PM

thanks for the reply but after checking, it seems this package is only for MIPS and SH3 cpu, so will not work on a ARM Jornada 720

Spouky

Although the system requirements don’t mention support for the StrongArm processor, I have found that the XXX _JUP_SA1100 CAB files work beautifully on the 720 and 900
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 5:24 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Here is online Frys Electronics' ent pack, but it is 34.95 USD..
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/2443690?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-04 8:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I second the ARM support, works well on SA1100 devices. Haven;t tried it on an XScale myself, but I gather there from the Stormy one's post that all is well there too
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 3:30 AM
#
H/PC Elder

What's so great about this software? I don't see anything in there that's worth the $35

Or is this some sort of HPC addict "must have" that I simply don't get?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 3:39 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wonder the same thing, even though it is a cool set of games. I've been seeing exactly one box of this software on the shelves in every Fry's I've been to for several years now. You'd think they'd drop the price at some point to unload them. (I'd pay fifteen or even twenty bucks for it with little hesitation. Yeah, I know, I'm stingy.)
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 7:33 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

takwu - 2006-04-05 3:30 AM

What's so great about this software? I don't see anything in there that's worth the $35

Or is this some sort of HPC addict "must have" that I simply don't get?

You can get it from on-line retailers for less or if you check on eBay you might find a used copy for aneven better price.

I don't recall anyone mentioning that this is 'must have' software and I wouldn't pay $35 USD for it, but that's me! This CD contains a nice set of games, if that's what you are interested in, but you'll have to ask Microsoft why it's retail price is so high.

One thing I do know.....it's probably one the few commerical software packages still available for HPC's.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 7:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek, why dont you tell them you'd help unload it for a nominal price they should be glad that YOU pay and not they!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 7:44 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-04-05 3:39 AM

I wonder the same thing, even though it is a cool set of games. I've been seeing exactly one box of this software on the shelves in every Fry's I've been to for several years now. You'd think they'd drop the price at some point to unload them. (I'd pay fifteen or even twenty bucks for it with little hesitation. Yeah, I know, I'm stingy.)

CE Geek

I agree....a fair price should be between $15 -$20
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 7:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-04-05 4:35 AM

CE Geek, why dont you tell them you'd help unload it for a nominal price they should be glad that YOU pay and not they!

The thought has crossed my mind. But there's something funny about always seeing that one box in every store. Somehow I hate to break the pattern (if indeed each store has only that one box in stock - I know, there are probably lots more in the back).
 Top of the page
star222 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 8:11 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I just bought it but since I leave in Canada, shipping is higher than the CD itself in most places. I found a more affordable place that will ship for $5 and sell for less than $30...so, I will take it.

I'm desperatly addict to Battleship game, and I didn't find any working on my handheld except in this package...
 Top of the page
rbil49 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-05 11:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

When you see all that you get with any free GNU/Linux distro, this games pack would be over-priced if they gave you $5 to take it off their hands. :-)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10