x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I feel complete again

1 2
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 10:02 AM
#
cmonex - 2006-04-15 12:34 AM

Britty - 2006-04-08 5:12 AM

Batteryspace is a great source if you don't live overseas. They wanted a horrendous shipping price to Australia however, something in the order of 35 dollars for 2 batteries worth 18 dollars.
In the end I actually sourced 2 x 2000mAH Li-Ion batteries locally, at $4.90 for the two!No shipping involved, I just bought them at the shop

well, i'm surprised..
i live overseas (europe) and when i ordered four cells they charged around 15$ for shipping. maybe you accidentally chose the more expensive option? (there were two options for shipping IIRC but i can be mistaken, it was quite some time ago)

edit: nice 4 hours, but i'm surprised it wasn't more. maybe after a few recharges? yes i know you were using an ethernet card.. still.. is the model you have so power hungry, more so than my cf wifi cards? hmm or did you use it at full brightness? then it is really realistic then

Hehe yes actually it was the cheapest option. The most expensive option (there were 3 shipping options altogether to Australia) came out around 60+ dollars just for the shipping. I almost fell off my chair, seriously. For a moment I was actually considering the 35 dollar option, but then reality hit me and I was just plain turned off by the whole deal.

That's when I decided it would be far better to try find an alternative locally. I am pretty happy with what I ended up with not only that but how cheap it was. 2 x 2000mAH batteries for $4.90 AUD? I call that a win!

Yes my ethernet card is on the higher end of the current usage figures as far as compat ethernet cards go. It has figures of 190 - 230mA 10 base T and 320 - 490 ma - 100 baseTX. It gets quite warm after extended usage. I would have liked something with less current consumption, but australian ebay is scarce on having 620LX compat ethernet cards. It took me 2 weeks just to find this one. I'm happy with 4+ continuous hours with the ethernet fully active all that time. My old battery pack didn't get anywhere near this.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 3:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hmm i see.. btw are you using full brightness on the 620lx?
 Top of the page
Britty
Britty Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 10:48 PM
#
No. I have the brightness setting at around 40% and this is more than clear enough. The contrast setting is just a notch under 50%.

Final timeout occured at 7 hours and 14 minutes when the battery couldn't keep the unit powered any longer.

Edited by Britty 2006-04-14 10:50 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-15 4:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not bad.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11