x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

sfeng1 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-24 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi, i downloaded mamaich's pgcc j720 port from ShadowMaster's website, and placed the iphlpapi.dll and other DLLs inside the /bin/ folder. i copied everything to my storage card (/storage card/pgcc) and added the bin folder into %path%. the GCC exe runs, but whenever i try to compile something, i get an error stating something like "cc1plus.exe cannot be found" or something. i was just wondering, does anyone have had any experience with using pgcc? it looks very promising, and much more versatile than PocketC (which is really lacking imo for real coding). any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

-sfeng1
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 1:10 AM
#
sfeng1 - 2006-04-24 4:18 AM

hi, i downloaded mamaich's pgcc j720 port from ShadowMaster's website, and placed the iphlpapi.dll and other DLLs inside the /bin/ folder. i copied everything to my storage card (/storage card/pgcc) and added the bin folder into %path%. the GCC exe runs, but whenever i try to compile something, i get an error stating something like "cc1plus.exe cannot be found" or something. i was just wondering, does anyone have had any experience with using pgcc? it looks very promising, and much more versatile than PocketC (which is really lacking imo for real coding). any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

-sfeng1

I do not have an arm machine, yet, so I cannot try pgcc myself (any MIPS/sh3 port???) but looking at the file hello.bat (in the pgcc/samp/hello/ folder) it is clear that it expects gcc to reside in the absolute path \pgcc\bin\gcc, NOT in \storage card\pgcc\bin\gcc, as is your case.
Try to change the absolute path in hello.bat accordingly and rerun the compiler.
You could also use relative paths, but it could be a mess if you don't use a standard directory structure for your sources

Or you could try to make a link, but links in Windows don't work as in Linux/Unix, so I am not sure it would work.

How did you run the compiler, using a console I guess?
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 5:16 PM
#
I would like to add to my previous post that maybe you could have also problems with the space in \storage card\. You should try and see what happens..

In this case, you'll have to use relative paths or use double quotes in paths.

Or install pgcc in main memory instead than in a storage card
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-26 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no need to install it in RAM afaik

search on this board on details of the correct installation...

i can also ask a friend of mine who has installed it on a j720
 Top of the page
sfeng1 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-27 6:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi, i've read shadowmaster's post (if that's the one you are referring to), and did his .bat file method, but still got the same thing, "cc1plus" not found :/. if i type "cc1plus" just anywhere, it finds it (since \storage card\pgcc\bin\ is in PATH), but seems like gcc can't find it :/ or something
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-27 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

dont give up folks, i'll ask my friend ok?
 Top of the page
Marcio / Brazil
Marcio / Brazil Page Icon Posted 2006-04-30 10:41 PM
#
Hi!

In my opinion, if you want to write real "C" code, the better thing is to install pocketdos, download the borland c from Borland´s website (it´s free!!!), install it in your desktop, and copy the entire folder in your HPC. It will work very well!
 Top of the page
BrianD
BrianD Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 2:37 AM
#
Marcio / Brazil - 2006-04-30 10:41 PM

In my opinion, if you want to write real "C" code, the better thing is to install pocketdos, download the borland c from Borland´s website (it´s free!!!), install it in your desktop, and copy the entire folder in your HPC. It will work very well!

But in this case you would get programs running under DOS **not** under Windows CE.
The idea here is to develop code for CE using the same machine (or family of machines) where it is supposed to run, instead of having to use a full blown Windows PC with its development tools.
 Top of the page
sfeng1 Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 5:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Marcio / Brazil - 2006-04-30 10:41 PM

Hi!

i have tried that but i don't particularly like pocketDOS (it's great, but for developmental purposes, its still kinda slow :-/ i guess my patience sucks). i also tried turbo c++. i guess it's last resort if i can't get pgcc working on CE, i'd rather code my stuff in vimce at 206mhz than edit.com at an emulated 10mhz :/
 Top of the page
szilamer Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 7:54 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

sfeng1 - 2006-04-25 4:18 AM

-sfeng1

Hmm, how does your batch file look like ?

I use this batch file for a simple hello world app:

helloSL.bat
---------------------------------------

cd cd \Storage Card\pgcc\bin
gcc ..\samp\hello1\hello.cpp -target=con -o ..\samp\hello1\helloSL.exe -Wl, -s -staticlibs

My GCC directory structure :
-----------------------------------
Everything is in Storage Card \pgcc.
The sample hello.cpp and helloSL.bat are located in \Storage Card\pgcc\samp\hello1
And I put libc.dll, and sdlgcc.dll in \Windows directory

Edited by szilamer 2006-05-01 7:55 PM
 Top of the page
sfeng1 Page Icon Posted 2006-05-01 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

i tried, still same error :-/ :
"gcc.EXE: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1plus': No such file or directory"

can't figure out what the problem is

EDIT:
------------

AH! fixed!!! i finally found where the problem was. it turns out i was messing with some other j720 stuff by keuchel (http://www.rainer-keuchel.de) like trying to set up a unix shell, and so i set alot of variables in my registry under HKLM\Software\Environment (such as PATH, HOME, etc.). apparently gcc's affected by it somehow (same methods? dunno!), and as soon as i deleted the keys, everything worked!!!

thank you all so much!!

Edited by sfeng1 2006-05-01 8:37 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10