x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

So near, yet so far . . . .

1 2 3
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 6:10 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've been trying to get three Handmark Pocket PC games working in H/PC 2000: Scrabble, Monopoly, and Trivial Pursuit. I've made some headway with Scrabble on my (MIPS) MP790 only: the board and menus come up after the intro screen, and I select File/New to start a new game and get the screen prompting me to enter player name(s). But I can't get past there. If I tap on "Play" or "OK," nothing happens. If I tap on "Cancel" or "X", then I get the dreaded illegal operation message, and the application closes. (I get the same message of I tap File/Exit Scrabble.) I've tried several aygshell.dll files from cmonex' site, which changes some screen elements slightly, but still results in the same error message. I've also tried the different versions of MFC, OLE, and doclist, with no solution. I haven't gotten anywhere with any of these apps on either my (MIPS) 6651 or my (SA-1100) J728. Has anyone else had any luck getting any of these apps to work in H/PC 2000?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 8:10 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

hm... dont these have hpc versions?

MFC & OLE has only ONE version that is meant for hacking. the other is just the hpc version of them and will not help you with ppc apps.

anyway i don't have these apps, so i can't try this
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 9:18 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek

The only Handmark title I've gotten to run on my HPC 2000 is their Oxford Dictionary!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 12:34 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

cmonex - 2006-05-26 6:10 AM
hm... dont these have hpc versions?

Yes, I have the HPC versions.. Only for SH3/MIPS H/PCs or PsPCs..
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 1:55 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Are the HPC versions only for HPC2000? It'd be nice to play scrabble or monopoly on my hpcpro devices.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 1:59 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It is for Windows CE 2.0 for H/PC and PsPC.. I am not sure if it will work on higher devices.. Because I have none, except PPC..
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 2:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hurricane John - 2006-05-26 6:18 AM

CE Geek

The only Handmark title I've gotten to run on my HPC 2000 is their Oxford Dictionary!

Funny, because that program crashed my MP790, forcing a hard reset.

cmonex: I'm confused. You have hexedited MFC and OLE DLLs along with the old ones on your site. I assume these are the H/PC versions, right? I tried both the hexedited and non-hexedited versions, with no success. But I suspect that MFC/OLE is not the problem. My suspicion is that I haven't yet found the right aygshell and/or doclist files (if indeed the right ones exist for this app). (The graphics are much better in the Pocket PC versions than in the H/PC versions, which were made to accommodate 256- and 4096-color devices as well as monochrome ones. That's why I'm experimenting with them.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-26 2:42 PM
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-05-26 2:37 PM

(The graphics are much better in the Pocket PC versions than in the H/PC versions, which were made to accommodate 256- and 4096-color devices as well as monochrome ones. That's why I'm experimenting with them.)

I don't know, but I think the old H/PC version of Scrabble looks pretty darn good. checkout the sceenshot from my old 2003 Top Ten article

http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/editorial/johno-top10-2003/

It's just to bad that it only runs on MIPS or SH3 processors - no ARMS version of the original H/PC software is available!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 4:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I wouldn't know - I've been searching for it on the Web for months, with no luck. (You're right, though, that program looks pretty cool.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-26 4:18 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 4:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-05-26 8:37 PM

Hurricane John - 2006-05-26 6:18 AM

CE Geek

Funny, because that program crashed my MP790, forcing a hard reset.

cmonex: I'm confused. You have hexedited MFC and OLE DLLs along with the old ones on your site. I assume these are the H/PC versions, right? I tried both the hexedited and non-hexedited versions, with no success. But I suspect that MFC/OLE is not the problem. My suspicion is that I haven't yet found the right aygshell and/or doclist files (if indeed the right ones exist for this app). (The graphics are much better in the Pocket PC versions than in the H/PC versions, which were made to accommodate 256- and 4096-color devices as well as monochrome ones. That's why I'm experimenting with them.)

how did the program cause a hard reset? can you tell more?

armmfc.zip contains the HPC MFC. all the other MFC's on my site for hacking
if you dont hexedit the program executable you have to use the nonhexedited versions
search for mfcce in the executable to see if it requires MFC.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-26 4:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for clearing that up. But I tried the non-hexedited versions, with no success.

re: Oxford
Executing the app resulted in a dark gray screen that refused to go away. (No response to attempts to soft reset.) Only cure was a hard reset.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 12:39 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-05-26 4:52 PM

Thanx for clearing that up. But I tried the non-hexedited versions, with no success.

re: Oxford
Executing the app resulted in a dark gray screen that refused to go away. (No response to attempts to soft reset.) Only cure was a hard reset.

Installed Oxford American Desk Dict & Thes on to my CF card using a Cab file, then copied the 'withoutthexedit' files

mfcce300.dll
olece300.dll

into the same folder as my oxford.exe file

also added these to the folder

Atlce300.dll
Aygshell.dll
Doclist.dll
lphlpapi.dll

Worked just fine, no soft or hard reset required.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 12:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx for the help. A few more questions though:

1) Which H/PC 2000 device did you install it in?
2) Which aygshell.dll file (the standard 16.5k one or another one)?
3) Where can I download atlce.dll and lphlpapi.dll? I've heard of the former,
but not the latter, and I don't see either one on cmonex' site.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-05-29 12:47 AM
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 5:27 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

CE Geek - 2006-05-29 12:47 AM

Thanx for the help. A few more questions though:

1) Which H/PC 2000 device did you install it in?
2) Which aygshell.dll file (the standard 16.5k one or another one)?
3) Where can I download atlce.dll and lphlpapi.dll? I've heard of the former,
but not the latter, and I don't see either one on cmonex' site.

1. HP 728
2. aygshell.dll 17k
3. I'm pretty sure they are all from Monica's website, but I've had them for awhile, so I can't be 100% sure. They were part of the ARMS zipped folder!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-05-29 5:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Thanx. I'll look again. I suspect that Oxford is ARM-only, given that it crashed my MP790 but apparently works fine in the J728. (Seeing that it worked in yours gives me the guts to try it in mine.)
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.233 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 10